Derek Parish

I can ask Blake if he’s familiar with the name. I know there are a lot of units within the 82nd, and they do jumps together and field training with other units as well.

3 Likes

Thank you Gienna. I know the 82nd is a big division.

1 Like

Did ROTC Advanced Camp at Bragg back in 1993, and Airborne School at Benning in 2001.

AIRBORNE!!!

3 Likes

Thanks Champ! Represent The Coogs well at the next level.

1 Like

Wait!? You were in an Airborne Lawyer unit?

2 Likes

Nah.

I went to Airborne School, but I was never a lawyer in the Army.

I was always a regular “line” Officer.

I was a Logistician first, then an AFPAK Hand, then a South Asia Foreign Area Officer.

Also, after I did my five jumps and got my Airborne Wings, I never jumped again. I was a “five jump chump.”

1 Like

This is where it gets good for Twin Mom and Twin Dad! They now get to see the fruits of their labors.I am sure they have raised those young men right.
All American family !

2 Likes

It’s exciting to see how much they have accomplished! I feel their future is very bright, so proud of both of them.

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/1616131442865586223?t=1zySkGHDYiydce03vjVzeQ&s=19

5 Likes

19 Likes

What an honor! DP’s jersey in the College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta. Very few players in the history of college football can make that claim.

5 Likes

Congratulations Giena. You raised a great son. It’s a testament to you and Derek’s hard work.

7 Likes

Thank you! He is one tough kid. No matter what you throw at him, he’s going to make sure he comes out on top.

4 Likes

As I’ve said before, so glad he got that performance in before the injury. Hope his hard work leads to a pro career but I’m sure he’ll succeed at whatever he does.

2 Likes

Excellent!!

2 Likes

AWESOME
But that jersey is so clean? LOL

1 Like

I noticed that too!

2 Likes

@Twinmom

Derek going to try out at running back/full back…?

2 Likes

He mentioned they will have him split between FB and Edge. They have seen him at Edge, I’m guessing they want to see what he can do at FB. He would most likely go back to LB like Anenih did at the next level.

9 Likes

With a 54 player limit versatility is a valuable commodity in the NFL

7 Likes