Derek Parish

He will play whatever they ask him to play :blush:

13 Likes

Have noticed some NFL teams returning to the 2 RB offense.

Derek can play in that scheme. Bet he can block! And could get carries in short yardage situations.

2 Likes

Hope he has hands, would go a long way if he can catch the ball

He is training in Ft. Lauderdale and has been for about 2 weeks. They have been practicing RB drills with him and he is not using gloves to get used to it first, he will transition this week

6 Likes

We are all pulling for him Giena. I have a good feeling about his chances.

7 Likes

Derek’s journey reminds me a little of Cullen Gillaspia, former A&M 12th man walk-on, who played LB and ST and then shifted to FB at A&M. Derek and Cullen are about the same size, but Derek is more of an impact player.

The Texans drafted Cullen as FB and ST in 2019. He lasted a couple of seasons in Houston, then went to the NY Giants, and Seattle, in 2022.

Gillaspia has lived out his dream and made some good money. Derek has another great opportunity to play in the NFL.

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

Giena…how’s his health if you don’t mind the question. Hopefully he is all healed up?

1 Like

He’s doing well. He is training in Ft. Lauderdale for the Shrine Bowl. The facility is really concentrating on his healing and strengthening. It’s really been good for him. Thank you for asking .

3 Likes

Excellent parenting. If a HOF of Parenting existed, you would be on the short list of inductees.

3 Likes

Derek was one of the greatest defensive players we have had in forever.

His injury devastated our Defense. It never recovered. He was not replaceable.

Nothing but huge best wishes to Derek!

3 Likes

Is he training at XPE Sports? If so, I heard its top notch.

1 Like

Thank you

He is at BPS, (Bommaritos Performance)It’s best for those with injury recovery, from what he has said.

I loved watching Derek play. I can see him now closing in on the QB, one hand stretched out and an offensive lineman holding to the other arm for dear life.

2 Likes

The sky is the limit for DP! He will represent us well.

3 Likes

… and the ref watching the whole thing not throwing a flag …

6 Likes

We have an action shot of him literally being choked by an O lineman, as he was double teamed. Crazy

3 Likes

And they still could not stop him.

No way SMU scores 77 with Derek in the game.

3 Likes

Any way this site could censor ‘77’ as if it was a curse word. I am becoming triggered and offended by it.

5 Likes