D'Eriq King injured

Sucks hard for King. Guy had an amazing year…and for a Coog QB that is saying something.

I think you start Tune but maybe run some with Smith like we did earlier in the year if he’s healthy…perhaps some wildcat.

2 Likes

Who ever takes over will have big shoes to fill. King is elusive fast when running but his passing and deep ball throws are as good as when Case was here. If it’s Tune you can expect Memphis will scheme to confuse him into bad decisions. Coming in with a big lead is one thing but playing from the start to try to win is a different role.

I hope they do try. They don’t have enough on Tune so they could literally play into his strengths.

We’d better work a lot on run blocking this week.

1 Like

The comment about not being able to straighten his leg makes me think a meniscus tear is possible. That was the problem I had when I tore mine at Mile 6 of the 2012 Houston Marathon. It made for a very inefficient last 20 miles.

4 Likes

Pray to D’Eriq health & full recovery. We have to wait for the MRI result(s)

1 Like

Prayers for DK4…We all know what a Superstar this young man is on the field and in the huddle.
I think that we are going to see just how much of a quiet Leader this young Man is from the sidelines. This guy is a stud, and I am absolutely certain the Team will rally around his leadership.

1 Like

Great QB. I believe if he misses next year he still qualifies for a medical redshirt.
The kid is tremendous no matter what offense he runs.
Get well soon.

2 Likes

He’s awesome but I wouldn’t see his deep ball is like case.

Ok, fair enough. He throws a deep ball better than GWjr. He is closer to case in that respect. I figure Kings deep passes will get better just as Case did over his career.

I agree.

Was one of the few and proud at the game. Completely missed it (and the Major/Ed debacle) but it broke my heart when I found out. I hope he takes his time coming back. If the injury is severe enough I wonder if there would be any discussion about redshirting King next year.

1 Like

Looks like you were spot on. Berman and Duarte are reporting on twitter he is out for season with meniscus tear.

Edit: Do you know what the time table is for recovery from this injury?

I refuse to believe that the concrete slip did not have anything to do with this

1 Like

It took me five weeks before I could run again, but I was 51 at the time. I also just had the torn/dangling stuff removed. That is a much faster recovery than having your meniscus sewn back together. That requires several weeks/months of inactivity. It is a better long term repair if you have a large tear. It is also the kind of repair that a young athlete might opt for because of that.

Last time King tore his meniscus it was in December of 16 and he wasn’t able to play until the Texas Tech game. Not sure when he had surgery but that was about 9 months.

Meniscus tear stinks… but it’s better than a ligament.

2 Likes

Completely agree. ACL can be a career ender even with the best surgeon. There are varying degrees of meniscal tears so we’ll just have to hope for something minimal so he can get healthy soon and not be rushed back into playing.

1 Like

Yeah I’d say his deep ball is better.