Difference between Briles, Herman & Holgerson

They adjusted nothing.

When Holgi came in, there was a emphasis made to keep Case in the pocket. And, for the most part, he stayed there. I also remember Case sustained a concussion in the UTEP game while running (was he chasing an interceptor?). And then the next game he tore his ACL running (chasing down another interception). I think these types of incidents might have something to do with wanting to keep a QB in the pocket.

And that’s false–a meme created and bolstered on message boards like these.

I’ll admit I get frustrated with the offense. The playcalling seems predictable. We seem to have abandoned any sort of quick throws/screens. Throwing plays seem to take way too long to develop.
The blocking (by receivers and OL) is not good. I often don’t see receivers open downfield when Tune is scrambling. Our receivers drop way too many passes. And Tune has made some mistakes. It needs to improve.

OTOH, the defense is a plus. Special teams have been, as well. The offense has to improve dramatically. But if one isn’t willing to see the problems CDH inherited, then there is no point in arguing.

4 Likes

Hi Giena (my buddy),

Wow this is such a highly charged emotional topic with such distance across the aisle between the CDH supporters and non supporters! It appears we all care deeply about our football program and university. We are all frustrated to be sure.

I want to state again, and vehemently, that we should not go after our players and especially Clayton Tune! Never!! It’s got to stop! Personally, I really like the kid and would give him a hug if I ever met him in person. I’m the motherly type.

Giena, you like the coach and are optimistic. I don’t like the coach for countless reasons and I’m skeptical the program will improve. Let’s agree to disagree okay? I do hope you are you right and things will turn around.

GoCoogs!

4 Likes

How about we just win the AAC championship like we should. That will end the debate.

Losing and coming up with reasons why reminds me of the Helton years.

WoodMarkCos,

I am so made after reading your ongoing posts on this string and for that matter, other post strings.

I find your posts to be totally offensive, insulting, bullying and misinformed, not to mention your extreme anger issues that come across in your posts.

Your insulting posts should stop and I’m surprised the moderators haven’t called you out. Calling many of us “insecure”, “immature” “children” “having temper tantrums”, “knuckleheads” in this string of posts alone is totally unacceptable.

You don’t know anything about me except that I’m not a CDH supporter. I’m not a “hater”. I don’t like a lot of things about the guy and that is my opinion on this forum. Nothing you say will make me change my mind. I’m entitled to my opinions and I accept other opinions but I’m not accepting of your rude behavior towards me and others.

Furthermore you stated that none of us contribute towards CDH salary or are donors. You stated we shouldn’t have any say in this matter and that it’s none of our business. It sounds like you are very misinformed about who pays all of CDH salary. For your information, Tillman paid the lion’s share of his salary but not all of it. There are other longtime donors who contributed to his salary as well. You know nothing about my past or ongoing support. You also know nothing about other supporters on this forum.

Please try to be respectful and accepting of others’ opinions.

6 Likes

Peggy I like your post to Giena. We can all agree to disagree. What is highly tiresome if the new anti CDH daily thread. One is the carbon copy of the other and it goes on and on and on and on…

6 Likes

So a guy that’s coached at four highly successful passing programs is going to stake his job on one kid being the better option at QB yet people on this board (who don’t attend practice) know better…?

I don’t think Dana goes with Clayton for stubborn reasons. I think his data, staff, and judgment tell him
he’s clearly the best QB we have.

3 Likes

Even Levine knew he had to take out John O’Korn and put in Ward Jr.
JOK looked great under the previous OC (whose name escapes me now). When Bush came back there was no saving the Offense. JOK got stuck holding the ball too long, the OL could not hold blocks long enough, and the WR could not get open. It had to be scheme. Because it was night and day with the different OCs.

Out of desperation Ward is installed. Make no mistake, he was an awesome HS QB. His completion % and TD: INT ratio were great.
When the gave him the wheel (a little too late for Levine’s career) he was outstanding.

There are great practice players. And then there are great players when the lights go on. We have not had a chance to see anyone else (other than Holgerson Jr) when the game meant something.

If Holgerson turns the corner, and Tune become great, then awesome. But Tune’s performance will depend on CDH. Not the other way around.

2 Likes

Tune was not recruited by Holgorsen, he was here already. He was not Dana’s fair haired boy. Dana recruited other QB’s, but decided that Tune is his best option at this time. He can see in Tune what we need in a QB here and now. Maybe if he had his choice of all the HS QB’s in the country, he may have someone he likes better. But we aren’t Alabama, we are a team he inherited that was in shambles when he got here. He has recruited Massoud and Kopp and has decided that Tune is still the guy he thinks is better at this time. I don’t know how anyone can argue with him since none on here have watched each of them in practice.

All of these threads, while appearing to give a different angle, are really repeating the same anti Holgorsen mantra. They do nothing positive for the program and offer no encouragement for the team. All they do is spew negativity from the posters for whatever personal anti Holgorsen reasons they foster. It has all been said and nothing new can be added. Here is an idea; why not cease these endless tirades and wait and see how we actually do this fall before resuming the anti Holgorsen barrage.

I support Holgorsen for one simple reason, he is our coach. As such, I will give him all my support and hope he does well. Should he fail, UH fails – it’s that simple. If that happens, I am sure our administration will replace him. I hope that is not the final result of his tenure, which I hope is long and successful. I remember all of our previous coaches, except Herman, having to have time to build winners. Yeoman is gone, Briles is gone, Herman is gone, Applewhite is gone; there is nothing positive to be gained by continuing to praise them and bash Holgorsen. Can’t we just stop it for the rest of the preseason?

14 Likes

Thank you Mike. Very well said!

3 Likes

Yes. I would even go as far to say 9+ wins will earn him an extension; 7-8 wins will allow him to stay on his current contract, and anything less than 7, well…

3 Likes

LOL. This head in the sand mantra makes me chuckle every time. The old and vague “program was in shambles” defense. Of course thats what Holgi wants you to think. We had a rookie head coach with two winning seasons despite a 1000 year flood one season and a historic amount of injuries the second. Oh and all the coaches got time to build their program??? Remember Applewhite, who you conveniently left off your list, that only got two years? You people have no facts and rest on false or misleading statements or cry about one bowl game with half a defense where he was already dead man walking. Wake up.

5 Likes

How about this.

Can all of us ‘negative CDH haters’ start our own thread where we can vent to our heart’s content. For you guys and gal who believe CDH is the answer - just don’t read our posts. Just ignore us! I don’t think it right that you try to censor us.

Brad or someone else, if you are interested, could you just give it a name and we can complain in peace?

1 Like

I’m not trying to censor anyone.

2 Likes

Thanks Mike, great request of a pause in this rhethoric. We’ll do well this year…the foundation is being built. Go Coogs!!

1 Like

Herman won here. There was a “come and take him “ thread. Someone came and took him.

Coaches not up to snuff normally get criticized on fan boards. It’s par for the course. Dana is actually coddled here compared to what was dished out to Levine and Major . Look at his record. Coach Holgorsen staff went 4-8 in 2019 , the worst losing record here in almost 20 years. Followed by a 3-5 season, the first back to back losing season in over 10 years. His record here is worse than any coach we have had here since Dana Dimel.

Holgorsen will continue get critiqued on his decisions as long as he is in Dana dimel territory and no amount censorship or coolaid drinking is going to stop it.

7 Likes

Thanks.

When you win, the haters go away. So, no excuses, just win.

4 Likes

I think we can all agree that DH is in “just win baby” territory at this point?

1 Like

I was raised by a father who was intoxicated most of the time. I had to listen to him tell the same stories over, and over, and over, and over, and over. Had some twins as best friends and we would tag team my dad. I would listen for an hour, then one of the twins would tag in for awhile, then the other. This was a frequent occurrence. I learned to live with it. All this being said, I’m not much of a fan of all the cry babies who ignore the circumstances and continue to denigrate DH and T.

4 Likes

We also wonder why we don’t get top recruits. The band wagon fans message is “come here so we can criticize what you and your teammates do” . . . . .

I have two friends who, once upon a time, spent a lot of time together. One was a very positive person, and the other was a very negative person. When they quit traveling into Houston together from out of town, I asked why of the positive person. She said, “I could not take the negativity any longer” . . . . . Btching and complaining is NEVER beneficial . . . . . not even to those who btch and complain . . . . .

3 Likes