Disappointed in Dana!

Who was the QB against Army? How many defensive guys were hurt that season? Did Applewhite already know Tillman wanted to hire Holgorsen?

There are about 12 million reasons.

We averaged #77 in Rivals Recruiting Rankings 2016-20 and are currently ranked 100 for 2021.

2 Likes

I don’t think for a min TF said ok Dana giving you X amount $$$ and year 4/5 I expect you to turn this thing around. TF pocketbook doesn’t operate that way. This isn’t the SEC or any other P5, turnaround can be very quick in AAC. Several coaches are leaving ea year so HC stability is same w all teams. Best ex of quick turnaround recently is UC. Turbeville had them going South and Fickell in first year showed noticeable improvement. I watched them yesterday n they are very well balanced n disciplined. I’m sure the P5s will be calling after this yr but point being from get go he turned thgs around at UC and it started with recruiting. Imo CDH and Coogs must improve in all phases asap or the Wagon wheels will fall off.

Not to bash the young man, Tune is a RPO QB
 He does not throw a good ball (None of Herman or Applewhite’s guys toss a good ball). Tune is a better runner. Same for GWJr and King. The “Air Raid” you need a guy who can get the ball out fast and does not rely on his running skills.

Tune has not used a pump fake once this year. We have not used a short mid line screen.

I think as a whole I have seen improvements. We loose one or two key players, we hurt as a team.

When we lost Stevenson, the game never got back on track.

2 Likes

Keenum kind of made coaches look good.

3 Likes

It gets old when you see the same N.Texas St, LA- Monroe, ArkST they are getting their recruits over.
It needs to be TXTech, Baylor, SMU, Ark etc that they are competing for recruits. That will get them to where they want to go. I’ll bring up UC again, i don’t even need to look but UC recruiting has gone up quite bit since Fickell took over.

2 Likes

Recruiting better pick up or we’re staring down the barrel of another 5-10 years of mediocrity. I don’t think I have another 25 years to wait for another Peach Bowl experience.

2 Likes

Pretty simple, experience at head coach and a winning record in the Big 12. Levine had a pretty dang long leash too. Got an extension after not beating a team with a winning record. It’s the national embarrassments that the last two coaches made of UH that got them fired quickly. No body is talking about UH today. They were when we almost got shut out against UTSA in our first game of the new stadium. They were when the Ed Oliver jacket situation happened, and we surely were the laughing stock when Army beat us worse than the Grenadian army.

We got negative national attention when Holgorsen “tanked” the season last year. The pay off was supposed to be a competitive team this year, i.e. bowl eligible. What else you got?

4 Likes

Then donate money to fire him, I don’t care

I do. Donate every year regardless of the results. Mine and my wife’s names are in the Life Member Plaza at the Athletics Alumni Building.

5 Likes

Amen! There’s some Seniority as in age on this forum so they need get going. It’s not my $$ but I personally didn’t like the hire when you bring someone in you know on Social level not on Sports level. TF has his own problems with Rockets, w no fans, huge $$ tied up w couple players, no 1st rd draft picks. Hmm sounds like another Pro Team in town. Now i have headache bc the third Pro team has no 1st or 2nd rd draft choice either bc of some scandal!! :thinking::unamused:

Why don’t all of you go play!!! Everyone on here seems to know everything about everything!!!

1 Like

Then throw your weight around and get him fired! Hopefully you are communicating with people in athletics just as much as you post here to actually get something done about it. Btw, pretty sure we will get an invite to a bowl if we go 4-5 so I wouldn’t use that as a measure of success this season. That could come back to bite you if that was the only expectation.

I would love to say I have that kind of pull, but I don’t
 and I am okay with that. This is a message board and I have an opinion about this coach and the results; this is the platform to share those.

3 Likes

Mic drop

1 Like

The first sign of a loser is an excuse.

1 Like

Actually, an alcoholic drinks more than a beer or two each day

1 Like

Some do I bet
 It doesn’t change the fact that they’re still an alcoholic; per my example