Don't look now, but the B1G commissioner reportedly prefers a spring football season

https://247sports.com/Article/Big-Ten-commissioner-prefers-spring-college-football-season-150011719/

If the B1G were to do this, then a lot of dominoes will fall.

No official announcement yet, obviously, but stay tuned!

1 Like

any chance different conferences play different semesters? That would be weird

1 Like

Well, MAC is in trouble.

I don’t see that happening because of the CFP. P5s could play in one semester and some G5s in the other but the AAC is going to do whatever the P5s do.

1 Like

What will the Bowls do, that is the question?

1 Like

I think BIG10 is going to cancel

It sounds like fall football is fixing to get moved till spring or not at all, I wonder if we can opt back in for spring if we have rolled over till next year?

Moving to Spring would create a lot of new problems but the punt may be the best play

We are going to the Rose Bowl!!!

3 Likes

No one knows.

1 Like

MAC already cancelled fall football.

1 Like

Yeah, I know. MAC is considering Spring…now it appear BIG may rain on their parade if they do the same, as far as being the only league playing in the spring.

The media will dictate when it is more profitable for the P5’s to play. I would not be a bit surprised if the entire “P5’s” football season is played in the Spring. Think about it. The NFL season will be over by then. It could produce huge, yes huge ratings.

1 Like

The would have to push the Bball season back if this happens…

Good point. The general public will be sports hungry by then. IMO I do believe they will easily “co habit”

1 Like

I think all schools are headed there (at least will try before cancelling entire season).

1 Like

Can we claim a share of the mythical national championship?

3 Likes

April Madness?
:man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

I would expect to read how the B1G presidents voted by tomorrow…I think theylll move to

Spring, and if they do, PAC will follow and so will everyone else…

1 Like

Remember friends that the NFL does not have a minor league. Well it does and it is the P5’s . Moving their season to Spring will be another gift to the NFL.

2 Likes