Don't look now, but the B1G commissioner reportedly prefers a spring football season

Where have I heard this before…

… let’s see, the ‘60’s, the ‘70’s, the ‘80’s, the ‘90’s… etc !!!

1 Like

ridiculous

1 Like

Moving basketball to Sundays and more weekdays could work. I don’t see football being moved to more weekdays - at least not for the bigger conferences. Could suck for the AAC, CUSA and Sunbelt.

I thought the point of Spring was also to allow more fans, not to keep the reduced 25% capacity guidelines.

1 Like

Football would be better off on Saturdays for AAC conference games like always.

But if basketball has to be played on the same day as football, each sport would need a time range to maximize TV viewers and fan attendance.

Since football at AAC schools are the main money maker, the conference would need to get the best TV/fan attendance time slot over basketball.

1 Like

The point of moving to spring has little to do with reduced capacity. I think they’d play in from of no one right now if they could.

There will be reduced capacity even if we have a vaccine. COVID isn’t going away over the next few months.

As for moving games around, it’s a crazy time and schools will have to get creative and continue to do things they’ve never done before.

1 Like

You can’t play football in this. I seriously doubt the NFL can according to this doctor:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-coronavirus-obesity-20200810-k5w53e5bpfb3zivum73ihdhx4u-story.html%3FoutputType=amp

It seems to me like the TL;DR on that article was basically “Are NFL linemen at risk? Maybe, but probably not.”