Doug Belk on Saban’s short list

Surprise !

Belk is a packaged deal with Dawson. Sorry Saban, it’s both or no Belk. lol

13 Likes

Saban wants someone who gave up 77 pts in a game, right, ROFLMAO

7 Likes

Can you get your head around if Nick Saban poached AL’s DC from UH’s staff? What a compliment. That said, I would imagine Belk would be a longshot. Still, the fact that he is mentioned shows he is viewed as an up-and-comer.

I view this similar to the Academy Awards. “I am honored to be nominated.”

4 Likes

AND Alabama would have to pay us to buy out the contract!

1 Like

Saban picked Bill O’brien so we know he makes mistakes.

6 Likes

Belk was GA under Saban. Saban recommended Doug to Gibson DC at WVU.

Saban respects Belk

6 Likes

Tell Saban we’ll throw in 10 million extra to get the deal done. Even if we have to nix the practice facility.

2 Likes

Also had the number 6 defense in the nation a year ago

5 Likes

Belk is only as good as his talent.

4 Likes

That can pretty much be said of most coaches.

18 Likes

Belk is a good recruiter. that’s all we lose.

1 Like

Belk is more than a great recruiter that we haven’t lost yet and I hope we don’t.

11 Likes

Just named 99% of coaches in football

4 Likes

A lot more than 1% are not even as good as their talent

3 Likes

True that!

So many coaching experts. If only you were on the staff – in control, how wonderful it would be :rofl:

4 Likes

I think it’s an overreaction to want Belk gone this quick. We saw him put together a top 6 defense in the country and they were the main reason we won games in 2021. This year when our defense was healthy they played good enough to win games but our offense just could not score. We also did not have the talent needed on defense to produce. We banked on guys getting better at football and they just didn’t progress and it cost us. This offseason we aren’t doing that we are adding talent. We paid Belk for a reason and a lot of top programs wanted him. Let’s give him more than 1 bad year before we are gunning for his job

10 Likes

If you give up the equivalent to 11 TDs in one game to a 4-4 team then you don’t deserve half a million dollars per year.

If they want to pay him $45,000 a year until he demonstrates competence on a week to week basis then I’m fine with it. I just hate to see Renu cutting a half a million dollar check for that humiliating result.

3 Likes