Doug Belk on Saban’s short list

He gets a million dollars a year lol so it’s even worse

That’s %#% crazy

Have you ever had a bad day at work? Doesn’t mean you are bad at your job and should be fired. Let’s look at the totality of the season before passing judgements.

6 Likes

Lol

People are fired every day for humiliating their employer. Giving up 77 points to SMU wasn’t a bad day at work. That was driving the Prius through the kiddie pool at your niece’s birthday party.

2 Likes

#12 Florida 41 – LSU 9
October 7, 2000 · Ben Hill Griffin Stadium · Gainesville, FL

In a clear sign of a poorly-coached football team, Nick Saban’s LSU squad turned the ball over four times en route to being humiliated by Florida, 41-9.

1 Like

That’s not 77 pts lol, don’t forget 4th and 20 also cost us another game

2 Likes

Come and take it!

Seriously….

I think belk is good just needs players otherwise why would Sabin want him

My take on Belk…

I like that he has a defensive philosophy. “Sack Ave” is meant to put pressure on the QB, force mistakes and optimize take-away opportunities. To make it work, you do need the right personnel and Belk has shown that he can recruit the right personnel for his system.

That being said, whether 77 pts to SMU or 4th and 20 are fireable offences is a tough call. He did lose talent to graduation and injuries. To me, he was running his philosophy when he didn’t have the horses to do it effectively and got burned. Should he have adjusted sooner? Yeah, sure - he gets paid $1mm to figure it out. But he’s young, aggressive, and from what I see, still learning. The big question is will he let it happen again. People should be allowed to make mistakes - just not allowed to repeat them.

I guess I can just recall more games where, thank God, our defense kept us in the game rather than our anemic offense.

4 Likes

Did anyone actually read the article?

What a misleading title.

The author threw out like seven names.

How does that make him on Saban’s shortlist?

Nobody even knows who Saban is considering at this point.

10 Likes

Come on Pollard how else is anyone going to start a new thread. :grin::smiley:. This is exactly how the Calipari to UT thread started. Zero info that anything came from UT AD or Prez. Oh lets throw in CKS name in there also. Just roll w it I guess :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

Of course they didn’t. Big problem with society today, headline readers

2 Likes

It’s all about the clicks. “Choosing Assistants Through Astrology” or “Psychics Predict the 2024 NC.”

However, it does make me wonder if a HC assesses probable assistants on the body of work and tosses out the outliers? Last year was bad for Belk, but the year prior was spectacularly good. Maybe this year we’ll be in the middle?

1 Like

You are so stuck on that SMU game. Let it go!!

3 Likes

Saban must be such an idiot. I guess he’s too proud to visit Coogfans to get a realistic evaluation of Belk as a coach.
:man_facepalming:

3 Likes

And that was when our defense was healthy lol…like I said before, I wonder how many third downs in the third ward opposing teams converted this year…
So many players out of position, so many stupid and uncalled for personal fouls in key situations…no some of that has to go on the coaching staff, mainly Belk.
I just hope he is able to turn it around this year with his recruits…

1 Like

No disrespect, but Florida is not SMU,

You know the point I’m making.

Of course losing an All American to the NFL and losing our best pass rusher to injury early in the season had a huge impact. When the WR is just a lot faster than the DB it doesn’t help either as in the SMU game.

1 Like

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.