Elon Musk's 56 Billion Tesla pay package struck by courts

This is interesting considering he just asked for a new pay package which is eye popping as well. The judge said the process for determining his pay package was deeply flawed. Honestly, I have no idea how the process is supposed to work or what really is legal or justifiable when it gets to these ridiculous numbers of excutive pay. When you’re talking Billions it just seems like Monopoly money.

Why its a private company. They should be able to pay what they want. He is obviously being targeted because of his purchase of twitter.

It’s a publicly traded company that has to play by the rules, just like you and me. Fun fact. Elon didn’t found Tesla.

No one cares that he foolishly destroyed twitter. I certainly don’t.

1 Like

So you’re obviously not familiar with the company.

But you’re going to tell us why it’s persecution.

The strongest opinions are held by the least knowledgeable.

4 Likes

No it is a publicly traded company which subjects Tesla to different rules put in place to protect the shareholders.

I’m pretty sure this lawsuit predated the Twitter acquisition as this was about a pay package that started in 2016. It was a shareholder lawsuit, so I don’t know how it could be “obviously” related to Twitter.

Yea I can’t imagine anyone is actually going to target him for throwing money away on Twitter, either.

Suit was filed in 2018 . But let’s not let facts get in the way of a narrative.

3 Likes

So much “spanking” of that narrative. Almost feel bad.

It seems you care more about what we think on Elon than Elon does. I’m sure he’s so happy you come riding to his rescue on Coogfans.

What do you care what I think of Elon and X?

1 Like

I don’t, just making an observation.

Im talking about the ruling by the liberal judge.

Talking about your feelings. You’re still making a ridiculous and fact free accusation.

Also keep in mind, this is the same judge that did not allow Elon to back out of the purchase of Twitter when he wanted to.

1 Like

But precious feelings are the same as facts. If you feel it, it must be a fact.

Have you seen Elon’s home?

Multiple directors of Elon Musk’s companies—some who have used drugs with him—have profited enormously from their deep ties to the billionaire, raising questions among shareholders about the board’s independence.

https://www.wsj.com/tech/elon-musk-tesla-money-drugs-board-61af9ac4

Having independent directors of public companies is very important, in my opinion. However, while I know plenty about independence when it comes to audits of public companies, I’m not at all familiar with the rules for independent directors. I’m going to have to look into that more, just to educate myself as an investor in general (I don’t own any Tesla).

I’m less concerned about them doing drugs with him than I am the financial ties but really both can impair their independence.

1 Like

Agree, you can’t run a public company like it’s yours. It seems like a bit of that is going on.

And this is coming from the wsj.

As for drugs, I don’t care so much unless it impairs your judgment. It seems Elon has been lying about it too which is usually not a good sign with those using.

Even if he is the largest shareholder, he still has fiduciary responsibility to the others. Plus part of the Independent Directors job is to be asking “why” and being a backstop on decisions made by the executives that might not be in the interest of the shareholders.

1 Like