Epitome of a bad win

The OL gave Tune more time than ECU QB had. The kid almost beat us.

I heard Dana give the O-line a piece of his mind during the third quarter. Let’s just say it was NSFW and was surprisingly audible from 20 yards away.

1 Like

Just win, baby!

Go Coogs!

3 Likes

Got to get McCaskill more touches, he’s a star waiting to Explode

5 Likes

Too many open WRs over the top in this game. Secondary and LBs have to clean that up this week.

Maybe Dana knew what he had in 2009 and worked the offense around that. Case is a gamer with a good arm, but we generally had undersized players at every position and a lot of speed, so the Air Raid makes sense to get the ball out of the backfield quickly. He has different players now, and the game has caught up to the Air Raid, so he does different things now.

Is it perfect, no, but there are lots of ways to skin the cat.

1 Like

Yeah… I’ll put that performance on the rain delay. I mean, I didn’t do S*#! today and my ass was dragging by the time the game actually started.

5 Likes

I don’t know if the team was calling the plays?

If he knows what he is dealing with, as you say, put Tune ass on the bench and try one of the other guys. It worked for OU. He is just so stubborn.

2 Likes

Imagine how ECU feels. Playing on the road. Endured a long, gawd awful weather delay., Played UH tough for 4 quarters with a chance to win only to squander your one OT opportunity due to a lost fumble and let UH win on the first possession.

We were the better team. We were favored to win. It took 8-9 hours to get the job done, but the team got the job done…

A few weeks from now when we’re 10-2 (hopefully) no one will care how we won this game.

Relax and enjoy.

5 Likes

Did ECU somehow miss the rain delay?

2 Likes

Right ECU was in same boat as us plus they were traveling, we can’t use delay as an excuse, but we we did prevail so I am happy

2 Likes

Are you saying ECU played well?
Both teams were Turrrible. We were just less turrible.

2 Likes

Absolutely.

Just win baby.

1 Like

It was more than once. There were a number of missed assignments. Part of the OL that has graded out poorly in the past, was targeted last night.

I was close enough to hear. Most of the yelling was about “doing your job” because it was not being done at all.

Too many of you closet coaches have way to much negative stuff to say about the team and believe you know what Dana and the team need to do next.

I expect to see you all at the Thursday radio show to tell Dana how to fix what you believe is broken. At least call in and give him a piece of your mind.

Remember not to use your real name.

8 Likes

I think you mean 11-1.

5 Likes

No one will care next week, especially if we beat the ponies.

Number 2 Cincinnati won only by 7 pts to a supposedly bad Navy team.

Wins aren’t easy and the Pirates are not a bad team. Remember, the coogs have been bad for a couple years now.

At the end of the day, a win is a win and were still on top. It could have been a loss.

7 Likes