ESPN confirms UT/OU are to remain in B12 till 2025

1 Like

They weren’t going to leave the B12 at all…until they said they were leaving.

Things change.

5 Likes

Exactly. Could happen on Monday morning.

2 Likes

I won’t hold my breath. I bet they still figure a way to weasel out

3 Likes

Rules don’t apply…
And sell the LAND…

8 Likes

As of now it’s 2025. I’m sure the negotiations are ongoing.

1 Like

I think they stay till 2025. The cards are in their favor bc they are in the sec / accepted. They both save face for 2 yrs by not being pounded in the sec or struggling more. They also have time to recruit better if that is possible bc both already recruit at a high level. UT normally is in the top 10 and yet can’t dominate the big 12. They will wait to save face. Brings me back to the point of the big 12 will be the 3rd best fb conf. bc UT is leaving bc they lose too many games in it which means it’s good.

3 Likes

Regardless, the Big 12 big cigars that do the scheduling will never put us on UT’s conference schedule no matter how long UT stays in the conference.

3 Likes

UT and Houston will most certainly play a game in Houston in 2023, with over 80K in attendance at NRG ( not my choice ). Big12 knows it needs to plant a flag in Houston as it establishes its new identity. OU will play us in Houston 2024 for exactly the same reason.

5 Likes

I hope you’re right about the games. I hope you’re wrong about the venue.

14 Likes

At least OU’s last visit to NRG worked out well for them.

Loved our team and players those years. Wow.

6 Likes

I’m all about UT at UH for NRG kickoff game 2023 . Nationally televised game letting everyone know a new sheriff is in the Big 12. Could it get any more hype than that? That game would have a BCS Bowl type atmosphere.

2 Likes

TCU doesn’t play home conference games in Arlington. Why would UH play any at NRG???

19 Likes

With the B12 only paying us a 1/2 share, you think they will dictate where we play our home games? We play on campus, unless it is Advocare Bowl.

2 Likes

I don’t think there has been a time the Big 12 has dictated locations against a school’s wishes, only agreed upon situations. I look forward to seeing the game on campus if scheduled. I also don’t think that UT and OU will have a big say since I believe they are no longer voting members.

I am guessing that UH will get UT at least once along with a couple other new teams. I also think they keep the other Texas schools on the UT schedule.

That said, they are not always perfect as TCU played at Ok St their first two years. Due to some change in the A&M schedule that was made before A&M announced their move. TCU got stuck with it and being new probably did not have much voice.

Use it as a bargaining chip. We move game to NRG as long as they schedule future games with us.

1 Like

Then they will expect all those future games to also be at NRG. Not worth it.

2 Likes

I could see that. Game at NRG in 2023 if they schedule a game within 5 years with us. If they do that and cancel they can pay us $5M or something.

How about telling them we play our home game at TDECU and when they are in the SEC, they can go pound sand.

11 Likes

If we never play their worthless assses again, it will be too soon for me. I look forward to their 4-8 seasons well in to the next century.

3 Likes