Exceeding Expectations 2021

Yep, learning how to win was huge over last year and the OL leaping forward several big steps and D going from good to great and Tune finding his game.

Exceeded my expectations by a year at least

2 Likes

Some people take everything literally. You know, like people who hang on the Khator statement, “We fire coaches who go 8-5.” They allow no hyperbole or humor; everything is black or white. Well, we live in a world full of shades of gray and all other colors of the spectrum.

5 Likes

We need to exclude any example of “Hyperbole” on this site. It is obvious too many consider it as bad as political comments . . . . .

1 Like

Exactly isnt really necessary. you initially responded to me saying you were led to believe we would score 50 points a game. I asked you a simple question, who led you to believe that?
You have beat around the bush, accused me of various things and still haven’t answered the question.
You created an unrealistic expectation in your mind, it didnt happen so you now claim your expectations weren’t met. Got it.
See, I didnt have to be told everything exactly. You already said plenty.

Beat around the bush? When Holgie was introduced by Tillman as one of the top 20 best coaches and one of the great offensive mind, what were we to deduce from that? Were you here when he was hired, lots of expectations that our offense would flourish compared to Applewhite’s tenure. Context. You must be really thick or just tunnel visioned to not understand that.

So funny. You make no sense, just rambling. You continue to say you were mislead based on your own expectations. LOL
You are the perfect example of someone that is wrong but keeps doubling down. You have no answer at all. You and maybe a couple others,possibly, thought we would score 50 a game. Blame on CDH or Tune. They let you down didn’t they?

If I’m not mistaken the “I can’t coach this sh**” was during his 1st season when essentially he was starting from scratch. Some of you guys are literally unbelievable, we could win a NY6 and some of you would be unhappy

Grow Up CoogFans, be grateful for where we are and most importantly for where we are headed

5 Likes

Can you name the others that said we’d score 50 points. Or are you just conjecturing? Pot meet kettle.

no, it was just you
lol. Doesnt that tell you something? Others thought we weren’t winning by enough and complained about the winning margin but nobody I can recall claimed such a wild expectation.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt just in case someone else wanted to chime in and agree with you but nobody so far. You picked a winner of a disappointment, I will give you that.

You finally answered my question though. The only answer you have is It was you that created your own expectation and disappointment but blamed it on the Keenum years, CDH and Big12 offenses. You used that as a basis to create an unrealistic expectation. They let you down.
Carrying on this line of foolishness is embarrassing for us both. You go ahead and take the last shot and the trophy. Later

edit: can you name a season where we ever scored 50 points a game? Bet you cant.

Is there an official expectation statement somewhere that UH publishes I don’t know about? What the heck are you talking about?

Proverbs 26:4-5 – Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.

Coog57 on twitter definitely said we would drop “fiddy” a game. He is the go to source for everything UH.

1 Like