Fall Football? Maybe!

We need to start getting back to normal but I am against liability protection. If it turns out that UH was negligent in sanitation and such then they must pay the price.

In the words of Sammy Davis Jr.

Don’t roll the dice if you can’t pay the price.

Paraphrasing an old saying “a lawyer moved to town and nearly starved to death until another lawyer moved into town and then they both got rich…”

It seems that there are far too many lawyers in the USA including most politicians who learn how to lie, cheat, steal, bribe and accept bribes/contributions and then get away with it. Many are crooks.

6 Likes

Some people (including me) are scared about the dangers of this virus (and some may be taking it too lightly). We definitely need to respect that it is a danger to one’s health (I won’t debate is it worse than the flu / by how much).

I found this in another post - Depressing and worrying news!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-20/china-sees-signs-new-cluster-carries-virus-longer-than-in-wuhan 1

From the article:

Chinese doctors are seeing the coronavirus manifest differently among patients in its new cluster of cases in the northeast region compared to the original outbreak in Wuhan, suggesting that the pathogen may be changing in unknown ways and complicating efforts to stamp it out.

Any proposed liability protection has a built in floor. It will say “if you do X, Y and Z, then you are protected”, and then every fact situation will be a question for a jury to decide whether (UH) fell below those minimum standards.

And generally speaking, you can never legislate away gross negligence or willful malfeasance…

I really like this post. This one helps alot. I think you might be spot on with this. I’ve been lost on this whole thing from the beginning.

It’s not strange. They tested a meat packing plant in Amarillo. Hundreds of employees were positive but asymptomatic. It was the primary reason for an increase.

Precisely, if a person goes to a game and gets sick, he has rolled the dice and is the one who should pay the price. I will gladly roll that dice and if I get sick, it’s my fault. I will not have been forced to go. Too many people are looking for someone else to blame. What ever happened to people taking responsibility for their own actions?

8 Likes

This is where I’m at. But we cannot allow for a full stadium. Or even close to it. 10,000, tops, for me at UH games.

1 Like

Well, if it is like the restaurants, no one will be there.

People have let fear take over !!!

I’m starting to buy-in on fans attending games. But can you really justify sellouts this fall?

Let everyone in that wants to be there !!

1 Like

I agree with you EECoog69. BTW that was the year I graduated.

Why not treat people like adults. If you want to go then go. Why do we need a nanny telling us what to do. This is going to be here for awhile we can’t live like Howard Hughes in his last years.

3 Likes

I can see your point here too. We’re all adults.

It’s obvious football is happening. And fans will be allowed to attend. The question will be the number. I won’t be going. That’s my choice. Doesn’t mean it should be everyone’s choice.

1 Like

Because we do these protective procedures to protect the entire community, the entire nation, the entire world.

You wear the mask and stay away from people not for yourself but for everyone.

Apparently we can’t treat people like adults because before we treat people like adults each man, women, other has to act like a decent human being first who is a member of a larger society.

It is not about any individual it is about us all

2 Likes

The two restaurants I tried to go to Friday were packed. One was so full I walked over to the next one instead of wait an hour.

Hence why America cannot operate the way all these other countries do. How often do people walk around and say they are American, instead of Mexican, Chinese, African American, Polynesian, etc…

People of different groups have different values and priorities and understanding of how people should be kept safe and live their lives.

A small country of mostly homogenous population can easily set up certain guidelines. A large country of diverse beliefs has many great benefits, but there are trade offs if you want agreement.

Glad to hear that !!

I haven’t seen the same, but certainly hope it improves for the sake of the restaurant workers.

Not even Hughes could have lived that way without all of his money. People need to work to provide food and shelter for their families. Period.

3 Likes

True Mike. People just need to return to work. Period. Hopefully there will be enough jobs available for all those in need. This “shutdown” overreaction has lasted far too long already.

5 Likes