Farewell To The AAC

The new AAC still looks like a top G5 conference.
Curious to see who will dominate the conference now :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t think so.

The MWC definitely (assuming they keep SDSU, Boise, Air Force, etc), and even the Sun Belt are still likely stronger.

I see nothing about North Texas, Charlotte, Temple, UAB, Rice, etc. that suggest anything other than a weak football conference.

Tulane will likely be a one hit wonder, based on their history. SMU hasn’t had a ranked finish since the death penalty, to the best of my knowledge. UTSA couldn’t beat Holgerson at home with arguably their best team ever last season.

Sorry, but that’s NOT a good conference, even by G5 standards.

1 Like

Why would they put the fau logo so big and everyone else small. Especially their founding teams.

AAC doing harm to their established brands

They still have Memphis, Tulane, SMU, ECU, Navy and USF. Adding UTSA and FAU are strong. UAB can develop. Still stronger than the MWC imo

The AAC will have 3 teams named after owls.

Rice
Temple
FAU

1 Like

I beg to differ. I think UTSA, FAU, Tulane, Memphis and SMU will better than what MWC teams bring. UTSA, Tulane and FAU have some good coaches with Traylor, Fritz and I think Lying Tom Herman will revamp his career back at the G5 level. He’s better suited for it.

Basketball will still will be decent with FAU, Memphis, and UAB (if they can maintain their coach).

I think SDSU is as good as gone regardless of what happens with the PAC12 and Boise is on the decline.

2 Likes

Lol I just google New AAC and got the pic but it may be from an FAU site…

1 Like

Not seeing it.

Tulane is only one season removed from 2-10 and could be a one hit wonder. Memphis and FAU have never won a major bowl, and SMU hasn’t had a ranked finish since the death penalty. UTSA has not had a ranked finish in its history, and couldn’t beat CDH at home.

Not seeing that as “good.”

Switching conferences ain’t gonna stop me.

6 Likes

Major bowl wins seems like too high of a standard for determining which g5 teams are good and which aren’t. That said if that’s the criteria than the AAC still dominates as I’m pretty sure Boise is the only non-AAC g5 team with a major bowl win. Where as the AAC has SMOO, Navy, and Tulane.

I’m so glad we are not in either one of those conferences, we are so lucky to be out and in the Bigv12

We will always have some G5 level fans . . . . .

1 Like

Bye AAC. We never really loved you but you helped us through some rough times. Appreciate ya!

Bye GIFs | Tenor

5 Likes

Every time I see the heading of this thread, it reminds me of the first line of the Texas Aggie War Hymn. “Goodbye to Texas Univer-sity…”

Half-joking but is there anyway we can rename it?

That is the Vermins handiwork I am sure. How ironic he is back in the AAC, the conference he desperately wanted to leave

2 Likes

I might check out some rice games this year I if I have time, though with our schedule I doubt I will. They have Tulane and SMU at home this year. Could be fun.

1 Like

I’ll enjoy watching him lose.

2 Likes

We will make every Rice game we can. SO has a great nephew stud d-line playing, so it’s a family affair . . . . .

We will make every Rice game we can. SO has a great nephew stud d-lineman playing for Rice, so it’s a family affair . . . . .

3 Likes

Interesting that SDSU intends to leave their conference but SMU has not given notice yet