Fickell a possible option to Notre Dame?

If Cincy gets in the CFP then he might probably stay put through the semifinal before leaving but it will be announced and he will have to handle juggling the groundwork for ND. If Cincy does not make the CFP then he’s out next Monday if not Sunday evening if he’s ND’s guy. Early signing is too important.

Not saying anything can be pretty bad too. How many of our fans were begging for a statement of non interest. Of course there will always be the eye twitch

2 Likes

If he gets the Notre Dame job he’ll be at Notre Dame. The new schools demand this to hold on to thier recruiting classes with early signing day in two weeks. That’s why this coaching carousel process is moving so fast.

Hope he stays though, Cincinnati could be a national power in the Big 12.

I’m just having a Shadenfreude-gasm with everything that has gone on this week…First OU loses their guy then ND loses theirs…It’s more than a bit funny to watch the reactions of the fans to something we’ve been through four times in football now since I’ve been a fan (Pardee to the Oilers, Briles to the Bears, Sumlin to the Ags, Herman to UT) and then had to endure the ridicule from the local AM radio a-holes droning on about how UH will always be a stepping stone…Mo-fo’s every team can be a stepping stone!

First thing I read on Twitter this morning was a tweet from a Coog fan with fake contract numbers for Luke Fickell’s new ND deal that doesn’t exist. Yea, we’re trolling and megaphone’in. Maybe it gets in Cincy’s heads. Maybe not. Gotta pass the time before 3PM Saturday somehow…

6 Likes

He gone.

2 Likes

If ND calls, he’s gone but again if he stays, it helps the new big 12 then us etc , we will have the top10 teams we generally lacked in the aac yr in and yr out making the big12 strong.

1 Like

I love that Pez has green lit his psyops department to go full steam on the Luke Fickell coaching carousel hysteria to confuse, confound, and demotivate our opponent. Our AD and coaches are going all in on netting us our next NY6 bowl.

The Russians should pay attention and take notes.

2 Likes

Kelly to LSU…just a few days before Cincinnati plays us???

The cartel is hard at work.
He gone.

1 Like

Wait until our embedded reporter at media day asks Luke, “There’s a lot of speculation out there. Can you put it to rest and confirm you will be coaching at Cincinnati next year?”

1 Like

I have a feeling that Fickell does not take the job at ND.

ND will apparently wait for Luke Fickell, apparently the No 1 choice. Jack Swarbrick suggested he will not name an interim. Assts being told to stay on the road. Strong Catholic ties with Fickell. ND wants renewed bond with traditional Midwest Catholic high schools in recruiting.

— Dennis Dodd (@dennisdoddcbs) November 30, 2021

I think it depends if Cincy can match the ND offer.

Cincy won’t be able to match beyond $7million and ND will just keep upping the offer till Fickell accepts. Talking to cincy fans they strongly believe ND and Ohio are Fickell’s dream jobs. They won’t be surprised if he leaves but they are desperately hoping he doesn’t.

This sure has that Pardee, Briles, Sumlin, Herman feel to it fo sho. I feel kind of bad for the Cincy fans (Not really). This is a round 2 poach from Notre Dame.

The dude is ‘twitching’ and the fans are nervous…

Who is charge of the ESPN ticker, it better say Fickell to ND the night before the game

3 Likes

From my perspective, I don’t think the Pardee situation is the same as the other three. I think it’s a bit different when you are talking about moving from college to the NFL. I know 31 years ago when it happened we didn’t have this social media monstrosity we do now, but I don’t remember a lot of UH people being upset with Pardee for taking the Oiler job, and I lived in Houston then. Maybe some were upset, but I was just grateful for what Jack had done to reenergize the program after CBY left.

It needs to say, “Fickell to Notre Dame is a Done Deal”.
:smile:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/247Sports/status/1465783811908767746?t=WOfWIe4TQoagLaBQibu-8A&s=19

7 Likes

I have no idea how interested Fickell is in the ND job, but if you have a choice between Cincinnati and Notre Dame, it’s easy, you take the Notre Dame job.

2 Likes

Was this sent to all Cincy players?

1 Like