Fickell a possible option to Notre Dame?

Wow, what a rambling answer.

He could’ve summed it up in two words and just said that he gone.

He gone.

2 Likes

He effing gone!..

That answer may fall into the evasive category.This is what happens when an honest guy lets fear or money turn him into a liar. He’s never sure if he’s sold it or not.

A natural liar says, “I’m staying!” while his agent gets the paperwork done.

2 Likes

You would think so, but my understanding from speaking with some people who are big time ND fans/alum is that ND will not overspend for football. This was one of the reasons Kelly left, and the AD admitted as much at his press conference yesterday. Tim Brown, the last Heisman winner at ND and an NFL HOF, said on ESPN the same thing.

I am not saying Fickell won’t take the job, but that ND is not going to get into a bidding war for anyone. I could easily seem them just hiring the D Coordinator for $3M and calling it a day.

Just wondering, Is Tilman Fertitta paying part of Dana Holgorsen’s salary?

Football Scoop reporting that Notre Dame will hire defensive coordinator Marcus Freeman.

I wonder if Fickell knows Ohio State may come open after the playoffs.

Didn’t the NCAA give us the chance at a less severe penalty if we disassociated from CBY?

You may think ND pays great money for its coaches, but you would be shocked to learn that ND only pays Brian Kelly $1.9 million a year! Despite having one the largest national following in the country and raking in tens of millions of dollars in profits every year the Fighting Irish is very cheap! Because of that I think Brian Kelly would be a fool to stay at ND instead of heading for LSU! Shoot, we pay Holgorsen a lot more than ND pays Kelly! Here’s what I found when I did a couple seconds of Google search:
Brian Kelly Bio, Age, Salary, Contract, Net Worth, Stats, & Wife.

We need to play outside of the box.

Is this a bad joke?