Fickell

I wonder if this tells us that the football coaches at UT and OU didn’t know about the move.

Ahh good point. Yes I had forgotten about him. Although I would hardly call Pardee a successful pro coach. He was alright, but not on the level of Bill Walsh or Pete Carroll.

1 Like

Yes. Most of the skepticism I have towards Fickell to OU does not apply to Ohio State. That is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for him. OU isn’t that.

1 Like

Fickell listed as candidate at OU. Make it trend…

Five Potential Replacements for Lincoln Riley at Oklahoma (heartlandcollegesports.com)

2 Likes

OU is a great job. All the resources without the fan base and donors being giant Aholes like at Texas.

Maybe its just me but has Lincoln Riley ever struck you as a superhero coach? He is good enough but nothing special.

You’re kind of making him sound a lot closer to Sonny Dykes than he deserves to be. He’s not Dabo or Saban but he’s in the next group of coaches who are leading programs to pretty high levels of success in a consistent basis.

3 Likes

Let’s see, Norman/Oklahoma City…Los Angeles…Norman/Oklahoma City…Los Angeles. No brainer in my book.

2 Likes

How imagine my self everytime I comment :joy:

Maybe UH will get lucky and finally benefit from the opposing team’s head coach being subject to countless job-related rumors. Karma for 2011 and 2016.

3 Likes

Our fullback said it became a joke in the locker room, which job is Herman going to this week

1 Like

If LSU hires Brian Kelly as the rumors suggest, Fickel moves to Notre Dame STAT

5 Likes

Fickell to ND!! Start it!!!

3 Likes

I despise LA, and I would still rather die in LA than live in Oklahoma.

4 Likes

Fickell to ND confirmed

3 Likes

The two jobs I thought Fickell would consider is Ohio State and ND. Campbell can talk to ND now if he’s interested. Fickell will have to wait a few more days. ND may hire first guy available unless Fickell’s agent is getting on the phone saying he’s ready to take the job.

I love this!! Craziness.

1 Like

You can tell these coaches have all this stuff lined up, as soon as they lose the important game they announce the new job and work to get the time line right, “so much has happened in the last 36 hours”
ya right

6 Likes

Yea. Isn’t it interesting how quickly it happens.

1 Like

And Cinn can make former Cinn DC now ND DC Marcus Freeman their HC.
Its all working out nicely.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yes. Most of the skepticism I have towards Fickell to OU does not apply to Ohio State. That is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for him. OU isn’t that.

Notre Dame also falls into this category.

1 Like