First game Illinois vs Nebraska/Week 1 thread

That’s why I’m all for giving the younger guys a chance! We already know what Tune has to offer, his mistakes, etc. We should start finding out what we have with our younger QB’s. Shame on Holgorsen for not putting Massoud in last year in games that we had no chance of winning just to see what the young man could do! That’s what a smart coach would do!

You have obviously missed your calling. I suggest submitting your resume immediately!

3 Likes

I think that the vast majority of UH sports fans agree with you. The folks in the donor crowd last night at TDECU certainly seemed to be quite optimistic about this year’s FB team to me.

But here on Coogfans we seem to have more than our fair share of insecure, unhappy and/or whiny pessimists who seem to either fear or expect the worst in other people. And yes it seems unnecessary, redundant and kind of pathetic. Hopefully, they will out-grow their negative perspective one day, but then again, they may not really want to change for the better.

1 Like

You should have seen the scrimmage last weekend. You would not be asking to put any back up in, they struggled. All of them

4 Likes

I’m not sure a game where your starters are outclassed is the right time to throw in a QB who has never taken a snap.

1 Like

That back-up talk is strange to me.

Tune is the man unless he totally flops.

5 Likes

Agree. I was expecting more from the backups but did not see it. It could be they were throwing to lower depth chart WRs and they just needed more reps, so I don’t want to be completely unfair on their performance. They are good size QBs with good run ability though.

2 Likes

tune is probably still the man if he totally flops…we dont have a legit threat at backup, havent for years

what most people have been calling “tune hate” wasnt even hate on him… most of the offseason talks about why we havent brought anyone in on paper who could challenge tune… almost everyone here is fine with tune as the starter including “the haters”, theres is just a group that includes me that wish we had a legit back up plan…
dana has had 3 offseason to bring in someone that can bee seen as a threat (especiallyy with the transfer portal) but hasnt

1 Like

I have heard Ike is doing well at practice. Maybe it was an off night for them.

1 Like

You are the most arrogant jerk I’ve ever had the misfortune of having to read comments from.

3 Likes

We are all hoping for the best.

6 Likes

Hey….how about that Nebraska-Illinois football game! Good game and a great way to start the season! :joy:

2 Likes

Nebraska fans in such a meltdown. They don’t see a way out with Frost’s buyout huge and such a revenue loss last year. He should have never left UCF………but he’s a millionaire.

3 Likes

we need this guy as our backup…

1 Like

How many of the fans at the Illinois game had NU loyalties? It was pretty hard to tell and the Huskers didn’t have much to cheer for. I was rooting for the “smart school.” Nebraska is one of the only schools to lose its AAU status.

1 Like

Sir what?!!! :joy: Dana is not about to lose his job throwing in young guys who aren’t even remotely ready to play. If they aren’t performing in practice, what makes you think a coach would put them in the game? Tune gives us the best chance to win. And you say we know what Tune has to offer? We haven’t even seen his best football yet. We haven’t seen him with a full season, a halfway decent o line. He’s been put in the worse situation to succeed.

1 Like

How did Tune look in the scrimmage??

Not bad, some good long balls and some good quick runs. Defense wasn’t really allowed to rush him or get near him and he (or any of the QBs) couldn’t really go full on. O-line did a good job of protecting him.

Scott Frost is the new Tom Herman.

And there will always be more.

But Scott is rich and will get richer. Like Herman. Like Sumlin.

New career objective: Fail as a major college football coach and become a multi-millionaire.

3 Likes

Why not? The game was over when you’re down by 4 TD’s in the 4th!