First game Illinois vs Nebraska/Week 1 thread

With no competition, how many people are turning on this game? I saw an ad for it early in the week and wondered who really cares about this game. But glad it’s football season

2 Likes

I am watching just because it is the first game. Nebraska is horrible mentally and physically. If this is an any indication on how the season goes, Frost will be gone sooner rather than later. Early in the second half, it looks like Nebraska is starting to lay down.

23-9 Illinois.

2 Likes

I’m switching between Neb- Illin and UGone v Fresno w an audiobook going.
UGone awful everywhere but especially at QB

Ucla v Hawaii soon. Chip Kelly’s chance to finally win an OOC game at UCLA.

1 Like

The QB Martinez is not ready for prime time, Frost has not recruited a replacement since he has been there.

Not going to be a good season for The ‘Huskers.

2 Likes

Martinez is not having a good game, and that is being kind. Missing wide open receivers, happy feet, and really some poor decisions on when to tuck and run.

Neb needs this 1 for any hope of a bowl.
Illinois QB hurt. New QB started a bunch of games for Rutgers before portal. (was a U of Miami verbal)

Neb has Fordham then a solid Buffalo @ home. @ Okie for a butt shining.
@ Mich State and Purdue look winnable in the B10.
Not much else.

1 Like

I enjoy when Nebraska wins but I don’t think they’ll ever get back to 10 wins in a season.

They look bad offensively.

1 Like

scott frost might not make it to the end of the season

2 Likes

Adrian Martinez has been bad for four years, and even worse, they have nobody to replace him.

1 Like

$20 million buyout ! Unless his current issues get him run off “for cause”.

1 Like

It’s crazy for me to see this too. I was born in 84’ so I remember the mid 90s teams that were nearly unbeatable. Crazy to see how the mighty have fallen. Will be interesting to see how Alabama looks in ten years.

3 Likes

Solid write up on Frosts recruiting mistakes.

i dont want to say this but nebraska is making ne anxious about our game… Nebraska was in a borderline identical situation to us … between coach perception, expectation, qb debates, level of opponent

i really hope we dont come out like this next week

1 Like

I think we would beat both these teams

2 Likes

Feels like Martinez has been their QB for nearly a decade and I can’t remember seeing a game where I thought he looked good.

1 Like

A little redemption for Martinez….75 yd td run.

I’m watching. Scott Frost pulling a Herman, Nebraska looks really bad all around.

2 Likes

Does Martinez remind you of Tune?

no, completely different types of players’

but both are extremely controversial within their fanbase… no major success in underclass years and in the preseason either people projecting greatness or others saying they want a different qb…

their situations are similar but different types of qbs

3 Likes

Imagine being dumb enough to leave UCF for Nebraska. Yikes.

4 Likes