Football Operations Building

I think that building has gone through a couple of updates because the inside wasn’t bad when i went. I vaguely remember the restrooms being outside but i guess it makes sense why i took so many stairs down.

Farish Hall is the education building ?

Why “57”?

I always forget the name of the building. I only took one class in the education building while at UH.

Correct, it was built in 1970, so it’s nearly 52 years old.
Photo prior to Farrish Hall being built and McElhinney not yet there either.
Campus open from Cullen Blvd to E Cullen Bldg.

In this photo it almost looks like the moody towers are under construction ?

1960 aerial view of the University of Houston

6 Likes

Yes, the “Y” building. It was beat up but it had history.

3 Likes

:+1:t5: For the Mike Jones reference!

1 Like

I’ve never understood why they don’t just move Tailgate Village (if that’s what it’s still called) to the Platinum Lot, and move the Platinum parking over by the IPF.

The Platinum lot sits mostly empty during each game, and there is plenty of room for the 1/2 dozen cars that do show up back over by the IPF.

1 Like

Does anyone have a guess as to when they’ll announce this new facility? Pezman said they’re waiting on a lead gift.

I would say they’ll announce it when they receive the lead gift.

:grinning:

2 Likes

Honestly wouldnt be surprised if they just put that out there to help sell the vision and close out recruiting.

1 Like

I’m a big “Don’t count your chickens until they hatch” type of guy.

Ohh I already started counting. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

At UH your student parking pass for a garage only works at the garage you applied for. So you can’t just park anywhere. Maybe its different for game day?

ahhh yes the Y building…pretty good parties in the later years

1 Like

Here it is for those that aren’t familiar. Like me.

3 Likes

I swear I remember going to a science fair in 1959 when in junior high and there was a long pool of some kind in that empty strip in front of the Cullen building. Anyone else remember that? Tell me I’m not imagining things.

Maybe we can repurpose this building, renovate it into the football operations building?

The Fountains are there. They were shut down for repairs. I think they are open again. We use to get drunk and horse around in them in the mid ‘70’s.

2 Likes

That’s not what I am talking about Larry. It was a long narrow pool similar to the Washington monument reflecting pool in DC.