Four corners schools to Big 12

I’d go 6 Pac, 3 ACC. 3 pods of 7 work pretty nicely.

West Central East
Arizona Baylor Cincinnati
Arizona State Iowa State Georgia Tech
BYU Kansas Houston
Cal Kansas State Louisville
Colorado Oklahoma State Miami (FL)
Stanford TCU UCF
Utah Texas Tech WVU

6 divisional games and 1 crossover from each division based on last year’s standings. Only snags are that at least one team in each division has to play a non-divisional game on rivalry week (but that would be workable enough given the nonconference rivalries we’d have) and that UH would be a weird geographical fit in the East.

I’m just so not concerned with the ACC with the drama playing out right in front of us.

1 Like

Probably so. But if the SEC and Big10 start pulling from the ACC, the 4 corners schools will have missed the boat, as they aren’t better adds than Lousiville, Miami, Gtech, or whoever gets left behind in the ACC.

EXACTLY what I was hoping for

You can still take the 4 corner schools now and if ACC gets raided, you can take their best remaining pieces, to get to the magical 20. Taking the 4 now galvanizes the conference in the interim… gives it something to not only build on now but also in the future… whether that future be in the next couple of years or in 2035.

2 Likes

I predict that both Arizona Universities have read the writing on the wall and will bolt for our Big 12.

They both recruit S. Cal. heavily. Might now lose that territory.

Who has lots of High School talent? That’s right…Texas.

1 Like

I hope you’re right, but the sudden hesitation with UW and UO makes me wonder.

Yesterday I would have said it’s a given.

Now…hmmmmm…more like 50/50.

But I HOPE you are correct!

1 Like

I don’t think anyone is going to challenge the ACC GOR, especially not to come to the B12. It’s kind of fantasy.

6 Likes

If you were in the PAC today would you feel comfortable relying on Oregon and Washington for the next 12-15 years? I don’t think any of us would.

6 Likes

Exactly. And they will not.

1 Like

One thing we know for sure shouldn’t happen. No way the Big12 grabs Memphis, Boise State or SMU with a plethora of P5s available that brings more value than them.
:laughing:

12 Likes

most informative article so far…

7 Likes

But at the time there were on field criteria that a conference had to meet to be an AQ BCS conference. The Big 12 was in danger (even if slightly) of not meeting those criteria. So they needed an on field performer to guarantee they stayed as an AQ

1 Like

another good one…

2 Likes

Scott is sipping wine somewhere watching the sunset somewhere with his 50M haul. :sunglasses::sunglasses: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

No way. Oregon would be a good brand to get. Heck a great brand to get.

Stanford dominates nearly everything but football.

Washington would likely be a package deal with Oregon.

Don’t care about Cal. And Cal doesn’t care about Texas schools

Shiiiit if you could absorb nearly the rest of the PAC that is a pretty decent conference. Talk a few of the ACC big dogs to come to Big12 over SEC and we are cooking with Gas.

1 Like

After I read those articles I realized Oregon and Knight have a hate on for UW because they picked Adiddas. lolololol

From the article:

“The game is changing so quickly that the once history-proud Big 12 recently added BYU, Houston, Cincinnati and Central Florida to its membership”

Poor Big 12 had to shun its historical pride and go gutter shopping and add CFP participant Cincy and Final Four member Houston. How can the elite Kansas State and Iowa State stand to rub elbows with these dirty new urchins in their conference?

B.S.

Stopped reading after that paragraph.

6 Likes

A good guess is that the Big Ten is smart enough to know the geographical logistics of USC and UCLA in its membership won’t work and that there is more expansion/addition to come. A better guess is that the Bruins and Trojans would ultimately be joined in the Big Ten’s “West Division” by Oregon, Cal, Stanford and Washington.

This makes a lot of sense.

3 Likes

Ain’t no way that happens.