Four corners schools to Big 12

Very real possibility of three 20+ team conferences. Big 12/Pac12/ACC merge with the best of what is left from Pac and ACC. Definitely not on par with SEC or B1G, but not far behind. Everyone else may be shut out.

Lead Sports writer for Tucson’s Newspaper thinks The Big 10 will acquire Cal, Stanford, Oregon, and Washington to form a “Western Division” to keep certain rivalries alive and to reduce travel costs for all sports not named Football.

That puts The Big 10 at 20 schools.

If true then both Arizona Universities fall into The Big 12’s lap. Little effort required.

After that our Conference could pause and see what else happens.

2 Likes

That’s fine and I agree that could happen. But I wouldn’t wait. I’d go after AZ and Utah tonight.

4 Likes

I feel Yormark is burning those phones up
We good to go. B20 here we come.

1 Like

They already have you guys calling B12 tier 2 or big 2 conferences. Don’t destroy your own perceived value.

12 Likes

Amen. I hate it when we do that.

3 Likes

Sometimes numbers bring there own power i.e. China

2 Likes

There are no negative comments about The Big 12 over here.

Indeed some writers advocate that Arizona should pursue it.

2 Likes

I have a feeling that as soon as ND makes an announcement on their intentions, there will be a list of other changes within the hour.

Including:
Oregon/Washington to B1G with either 1 or 2 other schools
Then Arizona schools and 2 others to the Big 12 depending on the 1 or 2 above as to who.

Big 12 +

4 Pac schools = Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Utah

4 ACC schools = Duke, Virginia, Louisville, and 1 of NC State, Pitt, Syracuse, or Georgia Tech.

There is our 20.

I know football drives the bus. But our basketball would be tops in the country. By a wide margin.

3 Likes

Hey I’d be fine with both schools. I just favor the potential national champion +1 of those the first volley.

Viewership drives the bus. Wonder what to our numbers will Be once we start Big 12 play

Damn! Those two little markets of Waco and Stillwater drove a helluva viewership. That’s what good football does.

1 Like

Considering the game we were up against I’m proud of how much we drew. Remember that Baylor OSU game was a stand alone game

3 Likes

It does, and “TV markets” aren’t as big of a player as they were in the pre-streaming days. They’re a major factor, but not the only thing that matters; otherwise, we’d be the hottest ticket in town.

1 Like

There you go, media rights exec’s see this too. Why the B12 will take in some of the PAC leftovers, 3rd most watched Conference in CFB. Numbers don’t lie

1 Like

Everything to keep the Big 12 strong. Arizona is the big get here for basketball and Utah for football.

Big 12 has to be picky and think long term on who to invite.

Bowl game numbers:

Alabama/Cinci: 16 million viewers

BYU/UAB: 3.2 million

UCF/Florida: 3.2 million

HOU/Auburn: 2.2 million

Our game was at 12:00 on a Tuesday too

3 Likes

The Bama game had a structural advantage but damn!

2 Likes

Blows every sport besides the NFL out of the water.

2 Likes