Friday Night Lights event at TDECU tonight?

Tune is throwing picks? I am shocked. This is surprising to me.

6 Likes

Asked Derek how he felt about the scrimmage. He said the defense had fun tonight, and the DBs “balled out” as he put it. Mentioned offense was still developing and that they will be fine. Plenty of time to fix things

5 Likes

It’s what we do! But, do you disagree with this sentence in my post, “This looked like a typical mid spring practice with nothing really catching my eye.”

2 Likes

I didn’t make it, but reading this thread it seems like the defense is once again ahead of the offense at spring practice. Just like that last X number of years. When is the last time we thought the offense was ahead, 2015?

1 Like

I remember lots of bragging on the defense before the 2012 season. Turns out we had major issues on the offensive side of the ball and weren’t good on defense either.

Not saying that’s what we are seeing here. Just something that came to mind as I read the posts in this thread.

It’s only the middle of spring practice; can we really draw any conclusions about what the team will be like come September?

Not trying to ruffle the feathers around here but didn’t we hear this same quote from our beloved Coogfans in here for the last 3 off-seasons under Dana and once the bright lights went on, well… :neutral_face:.

At least we have next Friday to see how the offense looks. Maybe it was just first action jitters.

1 Like

Guy, just give it a break.

2 Likes

I thought this was a forum to discuss these type of things in an objectively and honest manner. @Alexogar was there so I’m going to respond to his analysis.

Why is it that you can critique a player in the basketball :basketball: forum @red80 but get annoyed when is about a football one. Or you just pick and choose on who you like and not :smiley:

2 Likes

There is a difference between critiquing a player and dogging a player out.

If someone says Tyson is too short or doesn’t play good enough defense, that is a critique. If someone says Tune sucks that is dogging a player out. Plus a lot of the people complaining about Tune, also seem to be a part of the anti Holgorson camp so it also seems to be there is no way to please those people.

6 Likes

You don’t say anything but the same old negative crap about CDH. We got it; you hate the guy and want him to fail and get fired, then your life will be complete. Well, I want him to succeed because our Coogs will then succeed. It’s as simple as that.

3 Likes

I never said he sucks. I always critique his shortcomings on the football gridiron. Like field vision, bad decisions, pocket awareness & accuracy issues!

2 Likes

Gosh you need to pay closer attention.

I have always given Dana the benefit of the doubt for the most part. I think he needs to be given this year but I have brought up the OC and Tune up on why we have struggled.

Only thing Dana could of done was to bring another quarterback from the portal who had more experience than Massoud & Kopp to at least compete against Tune for some snaps.

1 Like

Me too Mike !
Go Coogs !

We are critiquing you !

Yeah…that was the QB’s fault.

You are correct, but the QB once played for ut !!!

Is anyone going to the second scrimmage this Friday. Maybe Tune turns it around from first scrimmage jitters.

Any details about the scrimmage would be appreciated. @Alexogar

2 Likes

Practice tonight moved indoors due to inclement weather - closed to the public!