Game 09: Houston at SMU - Nov 5th, 2022 (L 63-77)

Coogs open as +2 dog

1 Like

A good time. How well does the radio broadcast reach outside of Houston? I will be driving back to Houston from FW and that would make for a good listen.

2 Likes

SMU is on the ticket in Dallas, their announcer is a screamer but if will be on 1310 am and 96.7 fm.

2 Likes

Sounds good. Just need to see which carries in Ennis, Buffalo, Centerville, etc… Otherwise the phone gets used and its volume is not as good as the car speakers with radio.

Aux cord friend.

1 Like

Explain, sir

Download the iHeart ticket app

2 Likes

LOL. Thought the same thing.
Blue tooth maybe?

2 Likes

Not the cord or bluetooth issues, I am fine using a phone connection. I just can’t stand when people’s phones go through the speakers for calls. Really really annoying. So I just hit the play from the listen link (generally works great), but the volume on the phone is lower and I have a fairly loud car for road noise. Thus my radio preference.

Watched the SMU-Tulsa game on ESPN+ yesterday and the announcers said they expect Mordecai will be back for the Houston game.

2 Likes

Any ideas who NFL Network will put on the call?

I don’t recall the Coogs winning Saturday night games at SMU recently. I think the last win at SMU was a Friday night game. I seem to remember going to a few day games and UH won. Probably the CUSA years.

1 Like

Last Saturday win at SMU was on 10/23/2010
Houston 45
SMU 20

2 Likes

This is a real litmus test game.

Are the Coogs getting better or have we just played awful teams?

7 Likes

He was apparently almost out of protocol for the game this past weekend so would expect he plays.

1 Like

XM should have the game on one of their channels, they’ve carried all of our thus far

So we’re due. :slightly_smiling_face:

I honestly had no idea of our SMU futility. That stings.

1 Like

If the Ticket has something else to broadcast, the game goes to 570 AM and I listened to that all the way from College Station to the end of the game. Be warned, Rich Phillips is a little bit excitable as the play by play guy, turn the sound down.

I really really really hope we are getting better and will win. 🥹🥹🥹

1 Like

Yeah me too.