Game 20 review

Shead needs to stop playing hero

Hit your damn free throws.

15 Likes

We didn’t play well. $hit happens. Move on.

UCF is going to feel the brunt of this on Wednesday.

6 Likes

Shead was 2-2 at line… and made them when it mattered.

5 Likes

Temple 20-22 free throws (90.9%), UH 11-21 free throws (52.4%).

Alabama 20-32 free throws (62.5%), UH 12-22 free throws (54.5%).

2 losses, horrible free throw shooting. The technical by coach Sampson didn’t help matters.

2 Likes

Lots of shots just wouldn’t go down. I wish Sasser took over when nothing was working on offense.

Tough day today. They will lean from this and move on.

2 Likes

Ref and missed shots. Sasser stopped trying to score at the end. Jarace was not making his shots either

In comparison to last year’s team, I feel like this year’s hasn’t established an identity on offense. Last year after the injuries, we knew who we were and how we score. This year it’s like I’m watching a different team on offense almost every game.

7 Likes

Can’t blame this on Shead. We lose games where teams win the FT battle and we don’t hit our shots. Refs didn’t make it any easier.

4 Likes

This is a quad 3 loss i think. Terrible

Hard to move on quickly from this on. Could kill our 1 seed opportunity

But if yhats not important, sure, move on

2 Likes

This loss will be good for us. I expect to play with more urgency the rest of the year for the whole game no matter who we are facing.

10 Likes

UH wasn’t ready to play and Temple was.

6 Likes

How about Sasser? Our offense was stagnant. No inside game at all. Once again very little help from the bench. Don’t blame this on one player

3 Likes

That’s not true. They have. They had good looks today and it just wouldn’t go down. Mark and Walker both missed shots that would normally go down. Shead tried to be aggressive and just didn’t have the shooting touch. Today we were missing those second chance opportunities. Temple did a good job of one and done on our possessions.

Sasser was the only one I saw who didn’t want to take over late.

1 Like

This was going to happen at some point….probably gonna happen again a couple of more times before the NCAA’s.

Everything will be okay.

When nut cuttin’ time rolls around CKS will have them rolling.

Still winning the Natty.

7 Likes

I agree this definitely felt like a nut cutting.

Just hope we dont end up playing Kansas in Kansas City. Otherwise all is fine

2 Likes

I’m not reading the 400 posts in the game thread. Feels like that would be awful

1 Like

A lot of the post mortem is the same as this thread. Too much ISO, poor FT.

3 Likes

I will say this. You never want to lose a game. But losing a game by 1 when the head coach gives Temple two on a technical. Wasn’t great. Especially when it was a clear foul on Marcus.

Maybe Sampson was trying to light a fire.

But, man. Will ride to the wheels fall off with Coach.

This post is for the haters that say I am never critical on Sampson.

2 Likes

I’ve been comparing this team to the S16 team. Funny that team also lost to Temple by a point early in conference in a game where Sampson got Td up.

1 Like