Game 21: #3 Houston @ UCF - January 25th, 2023 (W 82-71)

We shot a better percentage on treys than deuces

Ultimately we just missed a lot of shots. Make free throws at season average and we win. Make a few more field goals that we normally make and this game isn’t even an after thought.

1 Like

Yep… Hats off to Temple… They whipped us at home…

Man… Not looking forward to hearing them talk $h1t if I go to the game in Philly.

If Reg goes up strong to the left at the end instead of trying to float one over front of rim and getting blocked… that’s an inside shot we could’ve used. Hindsight 2020 and he was probably trying to beat buzzer a little early, so I can’t hate too hard. Gotta respect my elders.

1 Like

I feel like Shead was fouled more on his drive than Dunn was on his shot by Roberts at the end of the game…

Niether player was fouled imho. Dunn should not of shot free throws.

1 Like

That foul call on Roberts was one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen. It happened right in front of me and you could see daylight between the players. It was confirmed on replay. Maybe those refs are normally better, but they had a terrible day yesterday.

2 Likes

Hard to complain about the refs when you miss 10 freebies. We had our chances. And plenty of them.

6 Likes

We’re not that bad.

I agree but the refs were really bad yesterday. We played horribly and that just added to the frustrations.

3 Likes

On the bright side we do have a shot at redemption when we travel to Temple

I don’t disagree, but, missed opportunities or not, that particular call ended up being the difference in the game because Dunn made 1 of 2 FTs. I expect us to do our part to win games. I also expect the refs to be at least competent.

1 Like

And as we all know by now, we are a much better road team than home team this year.

5 Likes

I wonder if UCF comes out with the hack a Shaq on Jarace and J’Wan Roberts.

1 Like

Why not foul us because there is a good chance it won’t be called anyways…Looking forward to the game and getting back on track…

1 Like

https://twitter.com/jgtrends/status/1617606145023291392?s=46&t=FjBXIXQkSWryZrlzYE7-ZQ

Jarace and J’Wan can hit FTs… that strategy may backfire. Chaney and Francis are the ones that usually struggle.

1 Like

Jarace and Roberts struggle too but they were shooting better as of recent

durr and johnson are still not cleared for ucf… though unlikely there is a small chance darius plays (with there season on the line)

1 Like

Yep. This was the main reason Temple did not have to play help defense. When our guys did try to go inside, there was a lot of contact not called.

2 Likes