Game 21: #3 Houston @ UCF - January 25th, 2023 (W 82-71)

Man Sharp is going to be so good for us once he gets more comfortable

8 Likes

You’re welcome. This one gives even more stats, but this is all I post in a screenshot.

He’s already the best % 3 ball shooter on the team. And 100% from FT line. That’s clutch, definitely what we need in March

4 Likes

Road conference games are tough. Especially against solid teams like UCF. Felt like our guys had their collective heads in the right place tonight and never got rattled. Feels good to see our scorers actually score.

Sharp had 18 points on 5 of 7 FG ( 4 of 6 from 3) and 4 of 4 FTs.
Walker had 17 points on 6 of 10 FG ( 1 of 3 from 3) and 4 of 6 FTs.
Shead had 14 points on 5 of 9 FG ( 2 of 5 from 3) and 2 of 5 FTs, he also had 6 boards and 10 assists.
Sasser had 14 points on 4 of 7 FG ( 3 of 5 from 3) and 3 of 4 FTs and 4 assists.
Roberts had 10 points and 9 boards.

Sharp is really coming on and I am expecting big things from him.
We were 13 of 20 from the stripe for 65% which is better but still not where we need to be. That could get us bounced earlier than the elite 8 or maybe sweet 16.

3 Likes

While I suspect that it is metrics driven, I really don’t like taking the air out of the ball and trying to generate offense with 5 or so seconds on the shot clock.

4 Likes

My biggest concern going into the AAC and NCAA Tournaments is our FT shooting. And it is what it is. No amount of practice, shooting adjustments or psychoanalysis make it appreciably better. At this point in the season, we are not a very good FT shooting team and I do not see us getting much better as the season goes along.

2 Likes

Definitely. While it didn’t cost us against Nova the last 2 games have been shaky at the line

Also can’t risk another Poole Party scenario

2 Likes

F- Michigan. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Too bad Nova beat them and we couldn’t get revenge smh

Very solid win. Still got to make them free throws though.

A solid road win against a good opponent.

We played 3 Freshmen quite a bit.

Chaney did not play. Did not hear why.

I liked Jarace plus small ball.

1 Like

Duarte tweeted that it was for personal reasons

Interesting. With No Durr. UCF really didnt get our bigs in trouble

4 Likes

Reggie didn’t seem healthy in the last game.

Well played game by our guys! Less iso and more ball movement. The reason their shots were falling is because they always made the extra pass. Finally, they were pushing the tempo.

UCF is a good team, so this was a great road win for us.

Hope all is good with Sasser

https://twitter.com/jdm2186/status/1618451507384561665?s=46&t=E3FAdG-kDgQeHjqmLNYqow

One of the times they showed Sasser in a close-up, you could tell something was hurting. I said he looked like he was in pain to the person watching the game with me.

https://twitter.com/gallerysports/status/1618444693221838849?s=20

1 Like