Game 22 review

Hopefully, hopefully :crossed_fingers: we can go to Jarace in the post more. Like we did today. Post up, turn and face. And then make a quick move. Its $$. Its the biggest mismatch that we have offensively. Gotta ride it when jump shots aren’t falling from the guards

Rebounding, not sure what the numbers are. But Javier Francis barely played. So you’re relying on Jwan, Chaney and Jarace to clean the glass.

Against size its gonna be an issue. Say what you want. Jarace is probably becoming our best rebounder.

Some people have said Shead needs to be a distributor 1st. Not the way Sasser and Mark were going. Sheads pace is what we needed today.

Love, Sasser but he was pretty passive today. Not sure whats up.

Go Coogs!

10 Likes

These games are healthy and get the Coogs ready for March.

6 Likes

UH outrebounded Cincy 35-27. It made a difference.

2 Likes

Nolley was playing with a chip on his shoulder. I wonder if he tried to transfer here and Sampson declined.

It was nice to give him another L.

5 Likes

Fudge mumphish.

Another Memphis mudcat outcast.

We’re 2-5 ATS in our last 7 games at home with a 5-2 W/L mark. And we’re 7-0 ATS on the road all season (not counting neutral game vs St Mary’s).

I’m not really understanding why our home court advantage isn’t really an advantage over the past seven games. What gives with this team not playing with the same focus and intensity that we’re seeing on the road?

7 Likes

Positives

• Jarace has found his grove
  • Roberts is Mr. Reliable
  • coach is starting to trust Sharp A LOT more
  • Overall offense continues to be efficient shooting 57% from the FG.
  • Jamal might be getting his mojo back. He’s really finishing around the rim.
  • this team knows how to take a punch
  • This team has a lot of guys that can win you games.

Negatives

• I don’t even have to say it you already know
  • Defensive rebounding was horrible.
  • it’s going to be tuff guarding bigger guards, especially if TA isn’t going to be a big factor
  • stop abandoning the offensive sets
6 Likes

When teams apply the same level of defense to our guards, that we apply to other teams, our guards struggle.

2 Likes
  • shead’s best game of the season, great offense and defense… we get this shead the rest of the way watchout ( i know there’s been better stat games, but talking impact)

• walker’s best game of the season, great offense and defense… we get this walker the rest of the way watchout

• i thought we guarded nolley well, but he is 6’7 and made contested 3s, ill live with it …beside our guys growing 2 inch magically it is what it is

• allowed too many offensive rebounds

• still alot of iso, but atleast we made those iso points …

• This is the 1st game all season Sampson put Terrance and Sharp in at the same time while the game still mattered, Sampson is slowly starting to trust the young guns

• Terrance did cause some defensive lapses though but that is understandable since his pt has been limited

• free throws are still a yikes

our biggest deficit of the year, youd think id have more to nitpick on, but no…amazing game that our guys grew from, its all coming together

12 Likes

The answer most won’t like is the refs. It’s just a fact. Now todays game was Nolley hot as heck for first half. If they had shot a good but not unholy 5-12 from 3 point land in the first half we win by 15.

1 Like

I thought the officials called a good game, no egregiously bad calls.

2 Likes

To be fair, all teams struggle against great defense.

3 Likes

the flagarant?

3 Likes

Correct, but he was talking about our last 7 home games. The officiating has been pretty horrendous. We probably pulled one of the better crews since this was a nationally televised game today.

1 Like

Some have mentioned this. I wasn’t in front of my TV yet. What happened there?

Mark blocked the shot. Ody Oguama rebounded it, Shea went airborn and kinda grabbed Oguama. While Oguama was about to go back up

Oguama falls to the ground. Didn’t look like a flagrant to me

2 Likes

they upgrade a jamal foul that was very incidental and not that much contact to flagarant one becuase “he wasnt making a move at the ball”…

1 Like

If you want to point to officiating, that is fine. But that doesn’t explain our 75% away FT shooting versus 68% at home.

1 Like

I think Shead was upgraded bc of how he didn’t hold on to the player as he fell, he kinda shoved him at the end.