Game 22 review

Admittedly I’d have to look at it again tho

Also, we’re one of the few teams in the country that have a better road split in offensive efficiency rating. And we’re by far the most offensive efficient team in the country on the road.

The flagrant was CS

Personally I would like to see UH start games breathing fire, especially @ home. Looks to me like it takes 15 minutes for UH to get going. If we do that in the dance we will watch most of it on TV.

5 Likes

mentioned your point about Terrance / Sharp to my buddy who’s not a college basketball follower

we played 3 freshmen for a while the first half

I like that Sampson is still seeing what works and what doesnt, no matter what

agreed and I wasnt overly upset about it. Jamal “clearly” put his arms around the guy to absolutely stop him from scoring.

it wasnt overly agressive but it was 100% intentional.

we got the W - on to the next one.

2 Likes

Ain’t goin’ down to no under armor squad.

2 Likes

I don’t think we ever gave it to Jarace in the post. We fed him. But he was pretty close to the 3 point line when he was facing up.

Great win and amazing atmosphere. Walker looked like a lottery pick today. Shead was the late-game leader we need in big games.

Sasser seems a little tentative sometimes to take over. It’s fine if he wants to defer to Mark or Shead, but somebody has to the go-to leader in crunch time in my opinion.

Shead stepped up today in that role, and I love that.

I think all three have done that in games this season. Imagine how dangerous we can be in the tournament if we keep getting better.

4 Likes

Jamal was great today. But let’s not get it twisted.

The killer today was Jarace. All day long.

7 Likes

We won’t because we play much better at home, and have been for several seasons now. No distractions on the road. In addition, the team and our fans have been too comfortable and assuming that we are going to cakewalk at home. There hasn’t been a buzz in the building to start a game since Bama. We’ll be fine in the postseason. There’s a reason we’re the betting favorite

This team has the ability to use their size to their advantage. We are small and should run and gun on the fast break. Outspeed teams. Instead of being stagnant have the 3 guards rotating and passing with jarace coming out and spreading the floor.

1 Like

They out rebounded us in the 1H and then we came on strong in 2H… it was the difference!

Does anyone feel concerned that Sampson still is trying different lineups? It’s good to see what is the best, however, I feel like in years past at this point in the season we knew what we were

Last year we had 2 major players injured so not as many options available.

That’s a good point. I guess we knew who we had because that’s all we had

They said some of our players are nicked up. I assume that’s why Mark didn’t play much.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve heard that as well. Best to stay healthy at this point. I knew sasser and Chaney were a bit banged up. What happened to Mark?

Assumption on my part

But we don’t play the tourney at home so wouldn’t that play in our favor considering we have the best road splits in the country in are ranked 1st and 3rd in offensive and defensive efficiency?

1 Like