Game 22 review

On our day, we can beat anybody. When it’s not our day, we could probably lose to anybody.

2 Likes

True, while us sleepwalking half the time has been infuriating at least it shouldn’t mean we do that in the tourney since we are perfectly fine in neutral sites

With how this conference season has gone I wouldn’t be shocked if we beat Wichita and Temple by 15 a piece only to somehow be down by 20 at the half to Tulsa tho

I’m comfortable having a bunch of guys who have game experience and know what they are doing. UH will have times when we have guys go flat or just off. We are better having experienced replacements. Granted we have bonehead plays sometimes but better to have them now rather than March.

Shead is the most important player UH has. He can do everything and he gets into stuff and messes things up for the other guys.

3 Likes

@Joprior23 you’re correct about the post ups.

Almost no 1st half posts ups for Jarace

And then 2nd half, there were 3 to 4. Felt like more. The floaters which weren’t falling at all vs Temple, went down today

Coach said he was using Sasser as a decoy in order for Jarace to take advantage of his one-on-one matchup. I’d say it worked.

5 Likes

And I’ve been pretty adamant that I do not want Jarace posting up.

Today is why. No one can guard him when he is out on the perimeter and making the decision on how he wants to attack.

NBA GMs must have been salivating today.

1 Like

I can live with this.

Jarace and Marcus should lead the team every game in shot attempts.

2 Likes

Jarace is a mismatch on the perimeter.

There’s not a 4 in the country that can guard him out there.

Then Landers decided he wanted to give it a go. Same results.

I thought with Nolley going against Walker, it was mano y mano. Glad the good guys won.

Nolley is too small. He easily shot over him and could get a good look at the rim.

Any big they put on Walker could not move with him.

And that is the biggest reason Walker should never be in the paint posting up. Unless he has a 6 foot guard defending him. Lol

1 Like

Mark has not been good the last two games, hence TA is getting more time. Sasser also had to sit in each half against UCF with foul trouble so TA got an opportunity that game.

TA had a big time move today in the first half. And got to the rim for a finish.

He just looks hesitant right now on offense. When, in reality. He can probably get any shot he wants on the offensive side as well.

1 Like

Sasser is passive at least half the games. He had 4 shots in the first 25+ minutes against UCF while Mark was 1-7 from 3 and 3-12 overall. Today he had taken 1 shot after like 12 minutes. That simply can’t happen, especially when we are struggling.

As good as he is he simply cannot defer that much on offense. Not sure why he does that.

1 Like

1000% agree.

You can’t just live with Jamal taking the shots because Marcus is drawing attention.

If I were a coach. I would have one of my guys face guard Marcus. And not leave him. Ever. If we’re going to make it that easy for teams to take Marcus out of the game.

4 Likes

I think part of that is having so many freshmen contributing. They’re still inconsistent but have the potential to be better than many starters, even before season end

several teams in conference have denied sasser with his man not ever helping, bama did a great job doing this also. it is one of the reasons the pick and roll was open many times today because sasser’s man wsan’t leaving to help on the roll

1 Like

I’m still surprised how little screening action we see for Marcus on offense.

Look at Cincy today with Nolley. Shead and Sasser were chasing him off screens all day long.

6 Likes

Marcus shooting the ball 8 times a game is not going to be a recipe for success.

I’ll just leave it at that.

Jarace bailed us out today. Big time.

7 Likes

Cincinnati outrebounded us the first half, but we got after them on the boards the rest of the game!