Game 31: #1 Houston @ Memphis - March 5th, 2023 (W 67-65)

Oh, we are all over their message boards too. Their hate for us has really gone to another level. I must say, it’s pretty funny.

1 Like

We had to foul him like crazy.
He got 26 points of free throws and sent our guys to the bench with foul trouble.

You gain national respect by winning tough road games. How many road games has UH lost this season? That’s right, zero.

1 Like

They keep bringing up the “push off” but ignore that Williams got away with it a few times during the game. There are some on their board who even admitted it during the game.

2 Likes

Seriously, if the refs actually called even 25% of his pushoffs he’d foul out nearly every game :joy:

2 Likes

And Shead clearly got fouled on the release of his shot

8 Likes

Yeah, I yelled out And 1! :joy:

2 Likes

DeAndre is going to be a beast next year for them. I think he’s under club rule until '25 when he becomes a free NCAA agent

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHMascots/status/1632869928087715846?cxt=HHwWjICwwYujj6ktAAAA

5 Likes

:joy: :joy:

Haha, that got me. Why would they make their mascot look so scared?!

1 Like

You want to talk about getting jobbed by the refs? What about Walker being called out-of-bounds when he never stepped out? Bad calls work both ways.

Hey Memphis, fans call you whiners, not winners.

2 Likes

You can survive on guard only scoring a lot of the time but you need points in the paint too. We’ll need both to run through six straight wins in the tourney.

2 Likes

Even though we are undersized underneath, our bigs seem to be way more productive against teams with size in the paint. Shorter guys who are long and athletic (like Deandre Williams and Kevin Cross) seem to fare much better against us.

On a related note, I wouldn’t mind at all if Kevin Cross transferred here. That dude is a baller and seems like he would fit the culture. Would be a nice, experienced 4 to replace Jarace while Tuggler and McFarland get their legs under them. He’s played 3 years (counting this year), so with the free covid year, he’ll have 2 years of eligibility left.

1 Like

The final four team had more scoring from our forwards. Gotham and Fabian could shoot the midrange which opened up the paint for people to cut and Chaney.

1 Like

Penny’s entire MO is to beat Houston. That’s why they’re so just-above-average against so many other AAC teams. Once we leave and Penny can focus on being the best team, we might finally see the true coaching ability of Penny and potential of Memphis basketball.

CKS and staff are so much in Penny’s head, it’s not even funny.

5 Likes

If the situation was reversed this board would be howling. Let’s not act brand new. lol

1 Like

lol pot meet kettle. And it’s how a rivalry should be.

I don’t think Memphis is as bad as some think… I think they could give some teams fits! UH is just the best in the country.

1 Like

I would acknowledge that missed calls happen throughout the game. That’s what I would do.