Game 34: Memphis vs #1 Houston - AAC Tournament - March 12th, 2023 - 2pm CST - ESPN (L 65-75)

Agree. This is Penny Best team, he’s finally learned it’s not abt individual talent. I thk he’s stealing ideas from another Coach in the AAC. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::smiley:

5 Likes

Good news is that there will be large UH fan contingent at the game tomorrow which will give a bit home court to the Coogs. Secondly, Mephis gave the Coogs there all at Memphis in a sold out and loud arena in Memphis and the Coogs rose to the occassion as great teams do and won and put a dagger in the Tigers. I feel like this game tomorrow on a neutral site allows UH to have an edge. We are a good road team and we have beaten Memphis twice. Mark needs to comeout and be dominant tomorrow against the Tigers like did last game in the first half and Walker needs to have a breakout game of the tournament.

Also one of the oldest teams in cbb.

4 Likes

Yep. Ask Coach Sampson-- experience matters.

Last year Memphis beat us twice in the regular season and it may have prepared us for the tourney.
If they can beat us Sunday without Sasser it may prepare us for the tourney again.

2 Likes

Noticed this on the broadcast. In the handshake line, it appears Marcus says “No, Im good”, or “No, im alright” when Wes Miller is shaking his hand

You can assume Millers question, was about Sasser health.

Theres my reporting :wink:

8 Likes

-5.5 is the line. I’d take it.

What a display of offense from Memphis. I expect a good game tomorrow. Hopefully we pull it off.

Penny has been trying to teach defense and culture. If he starts recruiting high character players instead of 5 stars, that will be the final lesson he needs to learn.

3 Likes

100%. All house money tomorrow.

Could be Texas, ATM, and Houston all winning their conference tourneys. Must be a first it that happened. Also being undisputed #1 in the AP is still up for grabs.

Is the game sold out?

2 Likes

Memphis will win tomorrow and act like they won the natty. However, the Coogs have bigger fish to fry.

2 Likes

Only if got to moved to the FC.
Otherwise plenty of tickets available.
Next year in BIG12-- not so much.

Color me surprised at these prices

There might actually be a good crowd tomorrow

Looks like I’m watching on TV

They may win tomorrow though not going to say “Will.”
And yes they will bang their chest and act as if they have done something. Much like a few years ago when we ended the season by going to Cincinnati and spanking them on their home court with the championship on the line. The only thing they accomplished in the tournament was not getting swept all 3 games. We already made our statement at their house and tomorrow would just be avoiding a 3 game sweep.

3 Likes

Tulane didn’t even show up