Game 36: #9 Auburn vs #1 Houston - NCAA Tournament - March 18th, 2023 - 6:10 pm CST - TBS

Sasser goes until he can’t go no more! This is it for him! I’m sure he will shut it down if he feels he’s hampering the team. But he’s earned the right to give it a go! The young guys know if he can’t, then they got to try to fill the void! This is already in the back of their minds.

10 Likes

6 Likes

If there’s any time to play zone, it would be against Auburn. They are a terrible shooting team from outside but still like to launch 'em.

2 Likes

Yep. It also helps when you’re getting beat off the dribble. This might help Sharp and TA.

3 Likes

There isn’t one thing about the state of Alabama that I particularly care for.

3 Likes

What?

1 Like

Vs Auburn they will have energy and feel like the underdog fighting

So… you’re right and wrong. The calls they made were pretty bad, the only reason they weren’t awful tonight was that they let them play. Which is something I point out during regular season. If the refs just let them play they wouldn’t be as awful as they are.
But the calls they did make were so bad they can’t get them wrong unless they are trying to. When the TNT announcers immediately start talking about how wrong the call is it means it was pretty blatant. You can’t get that blocking call wrong when Shead was standing there for two second unless you are trying to get a certain outcome.

4 Likes

I have never heard CKS sound like he has after the game. Almost seems like he knows the fate of the team because of injuries.

1 Like

they have two guys that can get how, so maybe slightly deep zone when those two are out there.

Ha! Had to steal this from Berman’s Twitter thread:

Really need some Miyagi-do right now.

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t want to read too much into things but he does seem more somber. He did just lose his sister though. Not much time to deal with all that too.

CKS will get us right and we’ll battle.

2 Likes

It’s crazy that a #9 seed gets a home game against a #1 seed (the #2 seed overall) in the 2nd round.

8 Likes

Why is being “realistic” always negative? Do good things never happen? Why isn’t being positive “realistic”?

1 Like

Auburn won a straight up track meet against Iowa. I’m hoping their legs are really tired.

This is where I am more happy to be playing Auburn than Iowa. Iowa could go on an absolute heater. And the game would be out of reach without our full offensive personnel.

Playing a slow it down, muck it up game against Auburn should shield some of our vulnerability of not having Sasser. We need to keep this game in the low 60’s.

I think we can.

62-58, Houston. Just a hunch.

13 Likes

I try to refrain from the “blame the officials” talk, not so with “Anti Coog” Oglesby, he’s horrible. Those 3 calls resulted in a guaranteed 2, potentially 9 point swing. The participating schools should be able to mutually agree on the officials like they do in Texas High School sports.

3 Likes

how was the crowd last night? gonna need a lot for saturday

People who defend officials need to remember that just like 15 years ago a ref went to prison for fixing a game in the NBA, but also all you have to do is look at baseball a few weeks ago. Umpire ended a game because he wanted to by calling a strike two feet outside and almost in the dirt a strike 3. He’s been suspended.
Officials can, and will, do what they want if they aren’t held responsible. And as some of you have pointed out there are several specific referees who make bad calls every time they officiate our games.
https://www.si.com/college/2023/03/11/college-baseball-egregious-strike-three-call-mississippi-valley-new-orleans-umpire

3 Likes

Trust the process and culture

3 Likes