Game 36: #9 Auburn vs #1 Houston - NCAA Tournament - March 18th, 2023 - 6:10 pm CST - TBS

Bruce is a good coach.

8 Likes

I’m gonna fret when we play bad. That’s just me. But I don’t think anyone in this program is ever “done.” We’re just too programmed to push it when we’re in the opponent’s gym. Sampson has the unique ability to make the players forget their record in the second half and to play like underdogs. When you see us come from behind that is the real culture. The ability to suspend all doubt and just push forward. I think a lot of that is Kellen.

4 Likes

Down by 10 on the road will also do that for the team

Ah that was sweet! Utter intimidation. TY Marks for keeping our Cougs winning.

1 Like

Which is more than can be said for Purdue or Kansas! :rofl:

3 Likes

little 10

You guys can thank me for watching the second half. Also, you can tell some still don’t know UH basketball they’re questioning how good we play.

Beat Auburn
33-3. :heavy_check_mark:

11 Likes

make no mistake. auburn had it in them to beat anyone in this tourney. they play some rugged D at times and Pearl is excellent at prepping his teams. he doesn’t recruit slugs. we were fortunate to play well in the second half. but I respect auburn as a solid program. playing at home amplified it.

2 Likes

You are not a Coog!

Yeah, but that would mean a B1G team winning. I only wanted Penn State to beat UT and all others getting beat out of the Sweet 16. Now that UT has won, I would like for all 8 of the B1G teams to be shut out of the sweet 16. So far only Maryland, Michigan State, and Indiana are left and Maryland is looking shaky.

2 Likes

That’s one reason I like my kids playing basketball
 you have to get over your mistakes quick and get to the other end of the court and try again. Good character building sport.

4 Likes

I would argue baseball builds character more than any other sport.

Dudes get paid millions. To fail 7 out of 10 times.

Basketball is my favorite, though. I was just better at baseball.

4 Likes

Pitchers have to win 8 of 10

Bullish!t, pitchers are judged on ERA and WHIP. If your team has no offense it’s NOT on the pitcher.

I didn’t realize BYU was playing tonight.

Terrance, please get rid of those short shorts! Sorry I couldn’t resist.
What a magnificent second half by our Coogs!!!

1 Like

FYI. Case Keenum was at Little Woodrow’s heights. Was crazy, we were in our normal spots and then Case and his wife rolled up. Was not expecting that. But he is the ultimate good luck charm.

27 Likes

What a game! What a day! Tramon Mark with the old man mid-range game that was poetry in motion. Like that final game in Above the Rim. So proud of this team and we get a whole week to tell every other fanbase we’re still here and they can suck it! Go Coogs!

9 Likes

that was nerve-wracking.

i’ve tried to be more meditative while watching the game. ever since my near heart attack in san antonio last year I realize how worked up i get over this