Game 37: #5 Miami vs #1 Houston - NCAA Tournament - March 24th, 2023 - 6:15 pm CST - CBS

Love that their goal is to keep us under 85. It’s super cute.

I can’t imagine a game where we score 84 and lose

13 Likes

Those points against stats don’t make sense as not a single one of their games they kept their opponent under 59. I’m not a stats expert but I think it’s impossible for them to have 56 as the average points against

1 Like

ESPN made zero sense. I saw that and was impressed, then folks started posting about their rankings and the old google machine was launched.

1 Like

I think ESPN was only showing tourney stats through 1 round.

1 Like

That would make sense. They are now showing 62 PPG which still sounded low. CBS is showing it at 72 which makes more sense. Cornell scored 105 against them in a loss which is insane

One thing that needs to be pointed out (and what teams can’t practice for or plan for) is what it’s like to play 40 minutes against our defensive intensity.

As the game goes on (especially in the 2nd half) it starts to wear our opponents down not just physically but mentally.

Sampson’s teams are also going to do everything they can to take away a teams 1st and 2nd options offensively by doubling. So if a team is going to beat us it’s the 3rd and 4th options (role players) who are going to have to step up.

Teams who can move the ball fast and make good passes when they are doubled can get good looks against us and then it comes down to knocking down those good looks. Teams may get those good looks but again being worn down in the 2nd half and not having their legs most of our opponents struggle from the perimeter.

7 Likes

GET IN THEIR FACES!!!

Going back and looking through their season - Miamis losses are all close - no blow outs.

Hope we’ve got our A game Friday night!

3 Likes

It’ll be a tough matchup.

But I think this will be a rare occasion on which we enjoy a height advantage inside.

And I think our guards will easily cancel out theirs…if not dominate them.

I see us advancing.

GO COOGS!!!

2 Likes

I think they will be feisty…if we are healthy then will will overcome them by double digits. If injury bug lingers then it will be a lot closer but we win if we hit our FT’s!

1 Like

They seem like a more talented Tulane…but still very beatable.

1 Like

What! It’s March MADNESS!

This is what I was thinking while watching them last night…

Should be able to exploit some mismatches with Jarace or J’Wan.

2 Likes

They do have a 6’7” forward in their team. At least that’s what one of them said on the Miami forum. Apparently he played a good game against IU ‘a big last night.

Do we ban The Rock from TDECU Stadium when we get the win vs Miami (FL)?

He had 17 rebounds… Omier.

He looks like a good player… But one of their guards is going to have to guard JWALK or J’Wan if they run 4 G and 1F out against us.

And we have J’Wan, Reggie, JWALK and Ja’Vier to run out there…

I like our chances.

3 Likes

Message Boards…the gift that keeps on giving.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/MarchMadnessMBB/status/1637827585374662657?t=xcWmc2ZmpQ87-EScCSlXMQ&s=19

1 Like

From what I saw last night they’re small, like our teams from the early Sampson years, but they do have a 4 with a huge wingspan we can’t ignore. They shoot pretty well too.

1 Like

2 Likes