Game 37: #5 Miami vs #1 Houston - NCAA Tournament - March 24th, 2023 - 6:15 pm CST - CBS

this is Miami’s season stats. Not sure what espn has going in my previous post.

Here is our Coogs.

Please… UH plays Miami Friday

1 Like

Miami is who I wanted

1 Like

If UH sleeps through the first half like Indiana did who knows… ?

1 Like

Well it should be good game. No complaining anyone. Getting to the sweet 16 is a great accomplishment. You can’t win a championship every year so stay rational.

3 Likes

From looking at the Miami-Indiana box score, the 3 guys who shoots 3s for Miami are Nijel Pack, Isaiah Wong, and Bensley Joseph (bench). Those 3 hit 8-18 (3s) tonight. The rest of the team was 1-5 from 3s. Miami other main threat is Jordan Miller (9-17, 0-1 [3]).

Yeah, Miller and Wong are projected late-2nd round picks. They’re both solid all-around players with a little length and height (6’7 and 6’4 respectively), both shoot around 36-37% from three, Wong fires away more, though (2ish a game for Miller and 4-5 a game for Wong.)

The other three guards, Pack, Poplar, and Joseph are more one-dimensional shooters but hover around 40%, which is pretty darn good. Joseph and Pack are short (6’0 and 6’2), Poplar is basically their Mark at 6’5.

Omier is really good down low but doesn’t shoot 3s (basically their Roberts). The only other guy who gets significant minutes is Beverley and he’s… just not very good at much of anything. 29% from three. Their other big Walker may play more than he usually does because he’s the only one who is 6’9. He’s not very good either.

615 tip and Nantz will be on the call!

12 Likes

10 Likes

Miami looked good because they were playing a Big Ten team.

We have two common opponents; Virginia and UCF.

We won at Virginia 69-61
Miami won at home 66-64

Miami won at UCF 66-64. UCF missed 2 FTs with a second left.

We won at UCF 82-71 and at home 71-65.

I like our chances.

10 Likes

I don’t like it when we have a long layoff after a good win.

2 Likes

6:15 on a Friday is perfect… hoping this break is good rest for the guys to heal up and try and come home.

13 Likes

Miami msg board to hear their thoughts

6 Likes

That’s not accurate. Look at their totals. Maybe it should be 76 but don’t feel like doing the math. It is remarkable how close about all their games have been.

Nantz is a pro basketball announcer? Sorry, but I missed that ever happening.

I think that he was just saying Nantz and his crew are more competent and professional than the previous crew that they had.

4 Likes

Are you kidding me ?
With Sasser’s groin AND Jamal’s knee we would be a LOT better off if we had at least a month off.

1 Like

I’m talking about how we play historically.

Miami fan pointed out Shead and Mark are 1 for 16 behind the 3 point line in the tournament. Impressive that we are in the sweet 16 looking at that stat alone.

4 Likes

There’s no reason we can’t or shouldn’t win this one in my mind, but if we can’t shake our newly-found habit of sleepwalking through first halves, we might be in trouble. I don’t think these guys will collapse down the stretch like Auburn and NKU did, and we don’t have the shooting to make a comeback against a team with firepower like this.

3 Likes