Game Day Drive

second this.

was watching jen carfagno on the weather channel this morning(who maxes out the cute scale imo) and she was interviewing one of their staff who was out there and you could see I-10 at a dead stop and the guy was doing the live shot from his hotel parking lot because they cannot get anywhere because of rain and traffic.

watch it from the tele, go to new Orleans during basketball or baseball season.

2 Likes

NWS Radar estimates 25+ inches of rain has already fallen over a HUGE area
all the way from Conroe to Beaumont. I don’t know what the max rainfall is, the NWS scale only goes up to 25". The area in white has received over 25" of rain as of 10:04 this morning.

1 Like

I live in Tarkington in liberty county. Do not attempt to make the drive. As the previous poster stated county road drainage is not sufficient for this type of rain. It’s been raining extremely hard out here starting around 3 am this morning and had not stopped.

2 Likes

@stcoog03 I hope you’re OK and everything up high and dry.

1 Like

Was leaving this morning but I don’t thing even if I tried driving to Lufkin and east to Alexandria would work. Staying home.

PO’d, have a party patio with food booked.

1 Like

I wonder how it would be taking Hwy 90 to Beaumont. However, if you haven’t left by now, you probably won’t make it.

I doubt it’s any better.
Just getting to US 90 from Houston may be a problem. Here’s the latest flood inundation maps on Harris County FWS website (www.harriscountyfws.com)

Cedar Bayou at US 90 is 2.5’ out of banks and still rising:

Nobody needs to be on the road right now. North Houston just got 5"-6" rain in the last hour. That’s roughly 500-year rainfall rate (0.2% annual chance rain). And it’s heading into Houston now.

1 Like

Here’s Garners Bayou at BW-8. It’s out of banks and still rising. Water has come up about 14 feet in the last 1.5 hours.

Here’s a suggested alternate route from conditions.drivetexas.org
District:
County:
Condition:
Roadway:
Direction:
Time:
Limits: Beaumont
Chambers
Flood
IH0010
Eastbound
2019-09-19 07:30 AM to 2019-09-19 1:00 PM
1.274 Miles East of FM0563 on IH0010 to 1605.12 Feet South of FM1663 on IH0010

Description: Use alternate route

East bound main lanes closed Detour to HWY61

District:
County:
Condition:
Roadway:
Direction:
Time:
Limits:
Beaumont
Chambers
Flood
IH0010
Westbound
2019-09-19 06:56 AM to 2019-09-19 1:00 PM
47.52 Feet West of FM1410 on IH0010 to 1631.52 Feet East of SH0073 on IH0010

Description: Water over roadway.
Travel discouraged.
Use alternate route

http://conditions.drivetexas.org/current/conditions.asp

Good luck and Go Coogs!!!

Jus saw this pic of 321 between Dayton and Tarkington. My mother-in-law doesn’t live far from there. No bueno.

No band. :slightly_frowning_face: This is getting into “could affect the team” territory now.

https://twitter.com/SpiritofUH/status/1174698894904692736?s=19

1 Like

At least it’s not like basketball where the team shows up 2 hours before the game because of weather. Since the team is already there, this should not affect them greatly.

5 Likes

Going back to houston stuck since 6am. No way trough

3 Likes

If you’re suggesting to take SH 61 as an alternate, it’s a bad suggestion. There’s water over the roadway there too. Like I said, IH-10 is likely the most elevated road out there in the area.

There are no viable alternatives to IH-10, just don’t get on the road. That will be one less water rescue for first responders.

I’m sorry for your frustrating morning, but hope you’re able to make it home safe and sound. Check road maps, Houston is getting hit hard right now too. Maybe consider finding high ground and waiting it out.

Be safe.

2 Likes

Yeah whatever, I still say if the band came we would have won the Hawaii Bowl. :laughing: Just kidding.

1 Like

Never should have played that game.

4 Likes

It’s our annual “500 year” rainfall.

6 Likes

Suggestion came from Texas DOT. Not sure how often they update it. I-10 is still closed according to them.

This is all adding up to a loss, let the excuses start as to why if we lose lol

2 Likes