Game Day Drive

I feel like the excuses were made prior to the season with all the “4 games in 18 days” stuff. Let’s hope this guys band together and fight for Houston tonight!

I thought it was 4 in 19? In any case, we’ve had 6 days to prep Tulane only had 5. Go Coogs!!!

Understand, and not picking on you, just trying to inform folks that there is no good alternative. The right decision is to stay put right now.

3 Likes

:laughing:
:thinking:
:sob:

I know…I get it. That’s why Harris County Flood Control District has been making an effort for years now to use the “annual exceedance probability” (0.2% annual chance storm) instead of the “return frequency” (500-year).

In other words, it’s not necessarily a storm we should see once every 500 years, but a storm that has a 0.2% chance of happening in any given year. And as former County Judge Ed Emmett said…we’ve been awfully “lucky” with I believe four “500-year” storms in five years now.

Either the statistics are off, there’s a real change in our climate, or we’re just on a “lucky” streak.

1 Like

How is because the fans can’t drive going to effect the team’s performance? Plenty of Coogs flying in. Teams deal with this every weekend somewhere. Just win, no excuses.

2 Likes

In flood years I’m like 3,500 years old. Feeling it today.

4 Likes

Thanks for the well wishes. Back in Pearland, it’s not so bad here. Theres alot of 18 wheelers just sitting on i10 where people were posting videos. It wasnt raining when we left and in seconds it changed. I dont think anyone driving can or should attempt the drive. Was looking forward to it but cest la vie

1 Like

If you cant make it/no dish.

This works great.
I use adguard so I’m not sure if it has alot of ads on it.
http://crackstreams.com/cfbstreams/1/

UH defense rated #122 will be why they lose.
In their defense OK & Wash State will end up w Top 10 type offenses.

1 Like

I saw that I10 looks like the Gulf.

That was a once every 10 years kind of weather day in NOLA. Even the trolley cars were shut down.

In retrospect, flying in that was really dangerous. Thank god nothing went wrong other than a loss.

2 Likes

That’s about two miles down 1008 from our place. Our house will be fine, built 3 feet over 1008. The livestock is another issue though

1 Like

This is precisely why we can’t put much stock in defensive ratings after 3 games. I think tonight will be a much better barometer of how we’ll do the rest of the year than the previous 3 games.

3 Likes

This is scary. 41 inches…

Yes. Tonight’s the night.

Like Harvey there are two HIGH fronts blocking Imelda from moving north and stalling in place

One of the highs is breaking up so Imelda should be moving in that area … hopefully

Sorry Coogs… If your out there be safe and high and dry until this inclement weather passes.

Texas Army National Guard deployed to Beaumont-Port Arthur

From CNN’s Konstantin Toropin

The Texas National Guard will set up operations in the Beaumont-Port Arthur Texas region to support local, state and federal agencies dealing with the remnants of Imelda, according to Brandon Jones, press secretary for the Texas Military Department.

The National Guard’s assets will include high-profile vehicles and UH-60 Blackhawks on standby.

“We stand ready to support Texans in need and we won’t rest until we’ve made every effort to rescue those in harm’s way. Our guardsmen conduct regular and routine training exercises to prepare for situations like Tropical Depression Imelda,” Jones said.

The Cajun Navy is on its way to Texas

Rescuer John Bridges with the Cajun Navy rides a boat on a trailer in Lumberton, North Carolina, in 2018 in the wake of Hurricane Florence. ALEX EDELMAN/AFP/Getty Images

The Cajun Navy left Louisiana this morning and is heading to Beaumont, Texas, to help rescue people during the flooding.

The volunteer group has helped during a number of hurricanes and natural disasters, including Hurricane Harvey, which hit Texas in 2017, and massive flooding in New Orleans in 2016.

Houston Cougar Fan spotted floating down flooded Houston road on a noodle

Just Joking… lol

A Houston Cougar fan was spotted floating down a feeder road for Houston’s I-59 highway with a noodle as the city contends with the remnants of former Tropical Depression Imelda.

“Gotta make the best of it,… Go Coogs beat Tulane Green Wave” the man reportedly said, according to a tweet from ABC 13’s Katherine Marchand Thursday afternoon.

Serious flooding has been seen just north of Houston and to the east, including the city of Beaumont. The storm has been hitting southeastern Texas since Tuesday.

2 Likes

If we lose this game, it won’t because of distractions due to rain; it’ll be from the same lack of focus on the field we’ve seen so far. I’m sure CDH let our guys contact their families and ensure the necessary actions were taken so folks are safe.

1 Like

On I 10 near Lafayette. We r West spiders so we went to Navasota, Huntsville, Woodbille, Maryville, Lake Charles. Should arrive 1 & 1/2 hrs prior to kickoff.

3 Likes

Lots of rain, compare these two radar rainfall estimates. Huge amount of rain hitting Houston over the last four hours. West side of Houston went from about 2" rainfall to 12" rainfall over about 4 hours (slightly overestimated based on Harris County FWS rainfall gages, but not too far off).

2:16 PM Thursday

10:04 AM Thursday

Creeks and bayous out of their banks all over Harris County now. The red circles are out of banks, yellow triangles nearly out of banks.

1 Like

Six miles from Lafayette & rain has ceased.

4 Likes

Live from Winnie…

https://twitter.com/i/status/1174748810813329414