GAMEDAY Thread: Houston vs Tulsa, 7PM at Fertitta or on ESPN3 (W 74-56)

Time 7 p.m. • Wednesday, Jan. 2
Location Fertitta Center (7,035) • Houston
Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
Tickets BUY Tickets
Parking Parking Map & Info
Television ESPN3
Radio KPRC 950 AM
Live Stats Live Stats
Game Notes Houston Notes

ABOUT TULSA
• Tulsa has posted a 10-3 record in 2018-19, including a 1-1 mark in road games.
• Like the Cougars, Wednesday’s game will be Tulsa’s American Athletic Conference opener.
• Tulsa has won its last five games and six of the last seven… Only a 69-64 loss at Utah on Dec. 1 prevents a longer streak.
• In its most recent action, Tulsa enjoyed a 69-59 win at Oral Roberts on Dec. 22… Against Oral Roberts, the Golden Hurricane rallied from a 5-point deficit to outscore the Golden Eagles 43-28 in the second half on the way to a 69-59 road win.
• Junior forward Martins Igbanu and senior guard DaQuan Jeffries led Tulsa with 16 points apiece while guard senior Sterling Taplin added seven points with a team-high eight rebounds, six assists and a steal.
• This season, Jeffries leads Tulsa with 13.6 points per game and is a close second with 5.8 rebounds per contest… Igbanu stands second on the team with 12.8 points per game but leads the squad with 5.9 rebounds per game… Taplin tops the team with 5.1 assists per game.
• Head Coach Frank Haith is in his fifth season at Tulsa and his 15th season as a collegiate head coach… Has compiled a 87-55 record at Tulsa and is 269-184 as a collegiate head coach.
• Previously built a 129-101 record at Miami (Fla.) (2004-11) and was 53-28 at Missouri (2011-14).
• Haith has posted a 4-4 record against Houston during his career with all eight previous meetings coming during his Tulsa tenure.
• Haith is 4-4 against Houston Head Coach Kelvin Sampson during their careers with all eight previous meetings coming during their Tulsa and Houston tenures, respectively.
• 1988 graduate of Elon.

https://twitter.com/kellenmsampson/status/1080493126018613249

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1080441829148028928

CDH is going to be at the game tonight. Sure wish I could be there!

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1080593435109793794

1 Like

It’s rained all day. It will be interesting to see the crowd tonight.

Not many here yet…with the rain/flooding, it will be a very late arriving crowd for those that make it.

Well im soaked. Forgot the pancho for the walk to the arena. Actually not that bad accept UH needs to fix the drainage on the parking lot and sidewalks. My shoes feel like jumped in a lake.

3 Likes

Wont be able to make this one

watchin from home

sloppy

This side’s rim is just unlucky for us

Coogs can’t score to open a game like usual. Sampson might need to change the starting lineup. I don’t get it. Might be time to start White.

1 Like

Ever gonna make a field goal in the first 3 minutes of a game?

at some point we have to consider starting dejon, we always start moving when he comes in

1 Like

My Comcast espn3 tab hasn’t worked the last 2 games. Why have it as an option if the thing won’t work.

I would add White to that list.

1 Like

Decent crowd now considering the rain.

I have a call into them about this and hope they will call back shortly. It worked previously but I’ve been down the past 2 games.

Nate Hinton needs to be a starter

1 Like

I like this lineup a lot! White, Davis, Gresham, Hinton, and Jerreau.

Sometimes you want the freshman to watch by the coach and get some pointers before he goes in the game.