Games of Interest: 12/31/18-1/6/2019

UConn came out with a lot of energy but they have been careless with the ball. I looking forward to UCF and watching Corey vs BJ Taylor. Tako is huge but they said he shoots 28% from the FT line. It will be interesting to see Sampson’s strategy in the UCF game.

1 Like

Couple of solid games early. UCF leads UCONN by 3 halfway through the 2nd half. ECU is tied with Cincy halfway through the 1st.

And ECU takes a 10 point lead with 6 to go til halftime. Playing on the road in this conference is extremely difficult.

2 Likes

Wow! ECU came to play!

1 Like

UCF running away with it now, up 12 with about 5 left to go. UCONN just doesn’t have much offense still. If you can shut down one of their three guards (Adams, Gilbert, or Vital) they just won’t score enough. Same problem as last year.

UCF’s Dawkins (the son) is really good though. 23 points and is hitting everything. They’re going to be a load.

Yes they are; up 9 at halftime and outrebounding the Bearcats. Cincy’s shooting woes are showing up at a bad time.

From my limited viewing of this game, my observation:

UConn: Adams [said Vital earlier but meant Adams] looks really good at times and plays within the offense and then other times just forces shots for no reason.

UCF: Dawkins and Taylor scoring and Fall affecting shots in the paint will make UCF tough. I do think Sampson can scheme to take advantage of Fall not being very quick and expect a lot of high pick 'n rolls when he is in the game to make him move. He does not come out of the paint much to defend the 3 off the pick. And I expect Corey to get into BJ’s head by the end of the game.

I like both of these coaches though. Very intense…

1 Like

Hurley drives me nuts

1 Like

UCF trying to give the game away; UCONN can’t take advantage of it.

1 Like

Cincy upping the intensity out of the half, score 6 straight points in a minute and a half.

ECU hanging in there as they’ve hit 7 threes today while Cincy hasn’t hit any. ECU leads 50-47 with 11 minutes to go.

14 Ohio State loses to 8 Michigan State by 9 at home.

13 Kentucky is losing by 7 at Alabama with 7 to go.

Man, Cincy’s taken the lead a couple of time in this game, and both times, ECU hit a three on the next possession to go back up. ECU leads by 2 with 6:33 to go. Crazy game.

For the undefeated watch, Virginia hosts 9 FSU on ESPN2 at 2pm.

Nevada goes to 7-6 New Mexico on ESPNU at 7pm

If ECU hangs on, not a good loss by UC.

2 Likes

wow ECU coach chewing Fleming a new one.

2 Likes

ECU leads by 6 with about 3 left to go.

Cincy is shooting 50% from the field, but is 1-13 from three and 5-14 from the free throw line. ECU is 9-23 from three and 11-15 from the line. Game in a nutshell.

Fleming pushes him over while the two were tangled up.

ECTC needs this call but not as bad as Cincy does

Ridiculous amount of time they’re taking.