Go Astros!

https://twitter.com/uhcougarfb/status/1449218268007473158?s=21
https://twitter.com/uhcougarfb/status/1449229118227222532?s=21
This is an Astros board this week :fire:

8 Likes

Great game tonight.

Altuve is one of the greatest of all time.

Correa is A BEAST.

8 Likes

How 'bout them Stros, yo!

2 Likes

It would be awesome if the Stros beat both of the Sox teams and go on to win a 2nd World Series title!

3 Likes

I love Astros Stan!

Cristian Javier came in and righted the ship, too!

2 Likes

Tough break on McCullers.

1 Like

Hope they win today.

3 Likes

We’re a baseball town!

We’re an Astros town!

1 Like

Altuve is incredible.

So strong, so clutch, delivers and makes up for his mistakes. Always does the right thing and says the right thing. So rare today.

2 Likes

Legend.

1 Like

He should be a first ballot HOF’er when his time comes but he’ll get a lot of kickback from the voters I suspect

Jimmy Wynn was nicknamed the Toy Cannon due to his smaller stature.

Seems to me that Altuve is the new Toy Cannon.

This team is built to be good for a long time. They will lose Correa and you have to think Brantley and Yuli will start showing their age. But

Altuve
Bregman
Jordan
Tucker
Chaz and Jake

Makes a pretty darn good base.

They will need to sign some rotation guys.

But in the meantime beat the Red Sox and then bring on the F’n Dodgers.

1 Like

Why do you think they’ll lose Correa?

Correa will get the biggest contract in baseball history and he should. No one plays better in big situations since Reggie Jackson. Carlos will go off to New York and be the straw that stirs the drink. The Yankees don’t have “a guy” anymore. They have some good players. But Correa can handle the spot light.

But if Astros use the money to get some top of the rotation starters, they will still be damn good.

Well, maybe the NYC city and state income taxes will keep him here… I’d hate to see him in a Yankees uniform.

2 Likes

Me too!!!

1 Like

It’s not that the Astros can’t afford him. JV and Grienke are free agents so we don’t have to pay them. The money is there. The Astros are reluctant to give out 8+ year contracts.

2 Likes

There are several talented SS and 3B that will be on the market after the season who will command less money than Correa.

Bregman is a SS who plays 3B, so if necessary, he can move back to SS without losing effective defense.

I would love for Correa to stay with the Astros, but other players on the team will be up for contract renewal within the next two years and the Astros cannot afford to break the bank for one player.

1 Like