Go Astros!

Does anyone know what Correa means when he says "it’s my time " ? Please don’t say he’s referencing his free agent status

1 Like

He means “October playoffs are his time to shine”

He does. Dude is incredible on the big stage.

4 Likes

Garcia not ready for prime time.

2 Likes

Not looking looking good.

Grand slam no. 2.
Depressing.

I can’t watch atm… but I see the score… was that 2 grand slams?? :face_with_monocle:

Think Garcia was too worried what he looked like today.

I agree. I didn’t see any indication of him being injured. If he took himself out because he lost his confidence, then he’ll be in AAA next season, or traded.

Half a billion dollars. I wouldn’t pay him 400 million. You can create an entire farm system of Correas for that money.

2 Likes

October…is what he’s referring to. At least that’s what his teammates are telling him. “This is your time of year.”

1 Like

And have coin to immediately rebuild pitching staff.

2 Likes

Ab-so-lutely!

That’s what started this golden age anyway. A farm system stocked with pitchers.

Are Verlander and
Greinke on the payroll next season ?

1 Like

Just inconceivable. There are a lot of successful business people on this board. Even on this thread. And I doubt a single one of them would dump that sum of liquid assets into a breakable human being.
(On a ratio to their business model)

I like Correa but lets get serious. Crane won’t get duped into that kind of silliness. And he shouldn’t.
He’s not Drayton McClane.

4 Likes

Both will be free agents.

1 Like

I mean what you’re saying is probably right but I’d still rather them resign him

1 Like

Me too. But you don’t mortgage your franchise and all its leverage for Carlos Correa. I love the guy. I think a lot of this goes back to his first contract where the Astros kept him at the minimum til the very end.

I probably would have gone ahead and re-set his salary earlier. But its not my money.

Anyway, I love the way Lunhow built the franchise the right way. It can be done again, without losing Altuve and some of the other guys. I just worry about a Carlos Lee situation. And 400 million could do it.

Re: Greinke/Verlander - free agents

I suspect Crane makes a play for both but he won’t get in a bidding war for Greinke. My opinion only.

Whatever happens I love the Astros. My favorite sports team in the whole world.

1 Like

My guess is Verlander goes back to Detroit to finish his career.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Greinke move on as well. Has to have at least a little resentment over losing his starting role….whether deserved or not.

1 Like

Correa is a great player; when healthy.

This was 1st year he played entire season. All others cut off by lengthy stays on IR.

Hard to pay long term big $$ contract to someone who has long history of injuries and stays on IR.

2 Likes