Go Astros!

Its not just a contract. Its going to conceivably be the biggest in history.

And why do you think Verlander goes back to Detroit?
Because of his wife?

Greinke is one who said he could work out of the bullpen. Once he missed 2 starts late in season bc of injury, he said bullpen was prob best way to use him, due to his pitch count wasn’t going to have time to build up again b4 playoffs.

1 Like

All of Kate’s family is in Florida now. Where JV and Kate have been during season.

Why would he want to go back to Detroit then?

I assume you’re not asking me.

No. This is a stream of consciousness thread. I was asking low.

1 Like

Stros lose Verlander Greinke and Correa
and reload in free agency with a crap load of money
it will work out fine
and we have some young talent

3 Likes

Np. For some obvious reasons I can see Detroit being in play-- former team, Hinch, but I don’t thk talent wise there close enough to contend yet n at JV age that will def be a factor.

I agree in theory that the Astros could lose those guys and re-up. But, as a fan, I hope they start bolstering the farm with lefties. Just start hording them with the cash. You can trade lefties for talent all day long.

Stros will make qualifying offer to JV-- around 18 mil for 1 yr, so they can get a high draft choice if he chooses another offer. If no q.o. is made, they get Goose egg

1 Like

I think they will try to sign him. Their starting pitching needs him.

Either way we’ll see what this new guy is all about. Is he a win now guy? A builder? A combintation?

Bob Knepper, Mike Hampton, Wandy Rodriguez

You speaking of Click?

1 Like

I don’t care if they ever get to Houston. Just use them as assets.

Oh, and find another heavy hitting SS.

1 Like

Yes

He still has to answer to the other Mr C. Jim Crane.

I know. Just what is his M. O.?

I love it when clubs build their own system from the ground up.

1 Like

Would love to have Simeon who’s w Toronto this yr but will be F.A. . Spent several yrs w A’s. Big pull hitter w tremendous power. Would hit 35-45 HR.

1 Like

I was going to say him. He was a reason Springer went there if I recall.

But could he play SS? Because Altuve isn’t moving over.

1 Like

Next to CC, will be the most sought SS in MLB. He won’t be cheap either by any means. Two huge yrs back/back.

1 Like