Good Chance Sasser Stays According to This Analyst

I woul not be surprised if such an article might provike a player to go the opposite direction predicted… id likely do it for spite but am a bit of a curmudgon.

Maybe i always havw been. Ill ask my wife hshahaha

Per John Hollinger and Sam Vecenie, scouts see Sasser as a legit NBA player that can earn a roster spot, not just a two-way contract.

200w

Lol. Nah good for Marcus. Under recruited player to NBA. Im fine with either decision

2 Likes

Has anyone seen him show up in any credible mock drafts ? I haven’t seen him even in the 2nd round.

1 Like

No.

No mocks that I’m aware of have him listed. My guess is that will change going forward. The next few days will be interesting….

Hopefully they make their decisions soon. I’m getting anxious!

he didnt even put sasser in his top 50

deadline is in 7 days, we’ll find out soon

1 Like

Vecenie’s last mock was a week ago. Based on his comments yesterday, Sasser will likely be included on Vecenie’s next mock.

USA Today has Sasser listed at #49.

Pablo Banchero to the Rockets. I dig that. He reminds me of Karl Malone on steroids.

2 Likes

mixed him up with wasserman who released a top 50 this morning

https://twitter.com/NBADraftWass/status/1529078972394397697

espn also updated today, and has him at #70

This is what I don’t understand, he’s only 6’5, very slow, and unpolished skill set…. What on earth is he thinking?!

$$$$, probably

looks like he is getting hinton’d or armoni’d (ive made it a verb lol) but looks like a couple teams have been hyping him up that the could possibly draft him…which is similar to what we heard from armoni and hinton…

7 Likes

Yep I remember teams talking big, then not drafting them. I hope Marcus doesn’t believe them.

1 Like

This is all IMO but I think the NBA scouts get their hooks in these guys and everything changes. “What are you gonna get going back to NCAA? Those coaches want to win college games not prep you for the league. Worst case scenario you don’t get drafted and go G league. That preps you better for the NBA than college does.” NIL will only ramp this snake oil from NBA scouts more.

I have seen this kid quite a bit while he was at Colorado State. IMHO he has a better chance to be a regular player in the NFL than in the NBA. Juz sayin…

1 Like