Great win but sit Shead at UCF

He’s looked a little gimpy since tweeking his ankle at Baylor. Give him rest because we still have a 1-seed locked up, even if we lose our last 2 games (even to Kansas). We probably even do if we go 1-and-done in KCMO.

Or, if because of our sudden lack of depth we can’t afford to, at least limit him to 12 minutes (30 minutes of game play) at UCF. We need him more later this month than now.

4 Likes

He’s a gamer. He’s not sitting with a Big 12 title at stake, like it or not

26 Likes

Let Cryer and Sharp run the offense. Shead can be secondary point until he is healthy.

3 Likes

We have a B12 title to win

14 Likes

You can’t do that with the title on the line. He’s playing.

15 Likes

Who cares if we win the Big 12? I want a natty and having a having a healthy Shead is key to that.

3 Likes

I understand where you’re coming from, but he won’t allow it. He’ll start treatment tonight and will be out there Wednesday.

3 Likes

Dude ain’t sitting

2 Likes

No Natty probably now way too many people out for season

7 Likes

He’s come too far with his teammates to not fight for a conference title now.

10 Likes

We didn’t fight and claw through all these conference games to mail it in 1 game from winning it out right. You play to win the championship in front of you. Worry about the natty on Selection Sunday

14 Likes

Yeah while I understand we will at worst be 3rd overall and our recent history of late season injuries has some of us rattled, when you have a chance to win the B12 regular season you have to take it imo

Now resting players in KC is a whole different story OTOH

2 Likes

Tyler you have come up with some doozies but there is no way Shead sits for the most important game of the year.
The only one who can make Shead sit would be doctor orders. And that would be iffy to say the least

10 Likes

Shead has the ability to carry us to a title. As Shead goes, so do we go.

2 Likes

what year did Shead turn his ankle badly and was in a boot and there was talk of him missing 3 weeks and he was back the next game? if he is healthy he plays.

4 Likes

No one is going to care who won the Big 12 title if we win the national title. Does anyone know which team won the Big East regular season title last year? Do you care? I bet you know which (Big East) team won the title though.

That said, I won’t shed (no pun intended) a tear if he plays. Just think it’s a wiser if he sits one out.

and that was a home game vs a bad south florida team in a midweek january game

if he refused to take any days off for that, then i doubt he’d pass up a game with actual implications

1 Like

Frankly our shot at a final four probably sailed with all the key injuries. But we still have a shot at a Big 12 title our first year in the league.
Just play hard and roll the dice. That’s all we can do now. IMO the league tourney is meaningless

11 Likes

Anybody who thinks this game will be easy is in for a surprise. UCF at home beat quality teams including Kansas and Tech. Without Shead, they should be favorite.

1 Like

Does anyone know what Shead’s injury is? Ankle? Leg?