Had enough of Whitting yet?

You know he has his eye on what’s going on down here….too bad our AD doesn’t.

4 Likes

I used to think pitching coach Terry Rooney was our problem, there was a reason UCF fired him. Now that he’s been gone and UH has continued falling, it’s clear Rooney wasn’t the problem.

1 Like

A coaching change is overdue. Any possibility we could lure Heefner away from DBU?

1 Like

Nope. He turned down Baylor, another Baptist university, in 2015. He’s also turned down UT and likely every other TX university with openings, like TCU.

Could we hire the Lamar coach? They’re #43 in RPI and 33-8 overall.

4 Likes

I’m not a fan of hiring a coach based on one good season. It rarely works out. Here’s Lamar’s RPI ranks Davis’ 1st six seasons there: 106/225/213/175/121/124.
I’d still like to see Sean Allen get a chance here.

6 Likes

No, he has turned down many power 5 programs so i would say there is a 0% chance he comes down here!

Who is the best recruiter? That’s my guy.

3 Likes

I’d rather have an actual coach and let him hire hotshot assistants and recruiters.

Watching this year’s team a bit makes me feel like we have more of a coaching/leadership issue than a lack of talent.

6 Likes

So, we lost to 18-25 UTA. Let that settle in.

1 Like

Yes, but unlike last season, they didn’t run rule us. Pezman will probably see that as a sign of progress.

1 Like

Exactly, it is hard to imagine that can do worse. Get a new HC that can recruit. A pitching coach that can adjust and a hitting that can work on getting our players better. There is talent on this team but there is no actual positive teaching. We see the same game after game as if Whitting is Bill Murray in Ground hog Day.

1 Like

That sounds like a great plan!

1 Like

This team does not have Top Tier Big 12 talent. And it is not even close!

2 Likes

Allen by far! I have seen him in person and he knows how to play the game!

1 Like

Not BIG12 talents? That is your opinion. What I believe is a concensus with all of us is that our HC has to go.
The main question is why have we not parted ways yet?
That is troubling in itself.

1 Like

We have a couple of players who can play in the Big 12 but certainly not enough to play against the Big 12 The coaching takes it to a lower level, but that doesn’t mean that if Sean Allen was hear we would be successful in the Big 12 right now! You have to bring in the players and get them to play at an elite level.

1 Like

Agree and surely not with this HC. He has been here way too long. A fresh start is/was needed years ago.

1 Like

We ( as in the regulars on this board) have been discussing this for the better part of three years.

You are bringing up something as if it’s a new development……

If you really want to be taken seriously on the baseball board you should go back and read , inform yourself of everything we’ve discussed….

Then you can contribute in a positive way.

Buddy, I do not need your approval to comment on any part of this board. Got it?

2 Likes

No you don’t.

Just keep on posting Captain Obvious crap.