He said this

He was good the first two seasons. I think our talent has gone down a lot. I don’t see anyone on our D who will be a high round draft pick. Our O has one or two, but our D? None. Correct me if I am wrong.

The better question is - what the eff happened to our recruiting? I assume CDH has Belk here because he figured he would be better at recruiting players from Urban Houston, Fort Bend, Cy Fair and Alief. Clearly these players are not interested in CDH and he appears to have no interest in recruiting them or really anyone.

Other teams see all this and use it against us. Just wait until CU joins the Big 12 and Coach Prime is in Houston, Ft. Bend and Cy Fair making fun of CDH (I assume Belk will be gone by then) and whoever he has trying to recruit.

On a personal note, I went to the Miami U game this weekend in Oxford. They play in a stadium that is a nicer version of Robertson. Place was pretty full for a MAC team; more importantly, the players played hard. D was absolutely solid. Great tackling, getting after the ball. Nothing to do with schemes or anything, just effort. Same with the O. Why can’t we do that?

BTW - if Miami U keeps winning, they may end up the highest ranked G5 and could find itself in a NY6 bowl. Think about that. Where will we be playing in late December? CDH will be attending the latest Jimmy Buffett tribute band concert, getting stoned drunk, calling it a “recruiting trip”. :weary:

We are in a terrible place right now and honestly I cannot wait for this season to end.

6 Likes

Belk will just end up being good elsewhere while the new DC inherits a mess

2 Likes

Yep we need more Dogs. We have too much meowing.

2 Likes

Idk… But I’m TAKING NOTES!!!

:rofl:

My cat beats dogs up ALL THE TIME! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

And she has way better “hands”, too!!!

2 Likes

Honestly, this is exactly what I am afraid of!

This. There’s a massive case already built up on this fraud.

I haven’t listened yet but I heard Renu was taking shots against those “whining” about things like the “CDH situation” in her state of the University address.

They are ALL- IN on Dana and because of that they are risking losing their die hard core.

1 Like

Chris Pezman actually eluded to this in an interview right before start of season with the 365 sports folks.

I took Pezman at his word. A 2-10 or 3-9 would wipe out most coaches in any level!

The marriage needs to end asap

3 Likes

I listened and don’t think this is accurate. She said that people don’t invest in whining, they invest in winning. More words of encouragement to keep pushing ahead with the University’s ambitions and not to get discouraged by set backs/challenges or make excuses. The comment wasn’t even regarding athletics.

5 Likes

It sounds like the UH Administration is giving CDH every chance to turn the ship around. Unless there is a surprising turnaround the rest of the season, CDH needs to make some changes to his staff at the end of the season. We have some underperforming positions on the field, whether it relates to recruiting or coaching.

1 Like

He needs to start recruiting like never before in order to compete in the Big XII and have fans attend games…

1 Like

A win vs WVU would do wonders for morale.
I’m all in regardless but it is grim.

OT
Building started on New UH Tech building.

2 Likes

Sorry off topic but I was in town last weekend with the family and took my kids around campus. My oldest (6 yo) loved it and was throwing up his Cougar paw constantly. Still amazes me how much the campus has changed for the better. The $35mm to spruce things up for the centennial is really going to take it another level. I forget the buildings are going up systemwide.

9 Likes

Thanks, I’ll listen

Nice!

My kids were also impressed (as was I). I tried to tell them how it looked when I was a student, but they did not believe me!

Thank God for TS Allison. :rofl:

1 Like

See James Madison.

I can’t imagine an up and comer would want to come to a coaching staff that may be gone after a year. Most coaches think they can make things better, but doing it in 1 year may be too big of a challenge.

We might be able to get a retread trying to quickly rehab their image

1 Like

James Madison U or a player named James Madison?

You’d be surprised at the jobs you’d accept when you’re unemployed.

2 Likes