Herman Lovers

Purple jackets?

Ha ha yeah I get the whole Ed Oliver thing. But most people just equate that situation of a star player flexing their muscle.

We had this during the CTH down season.

Same season

Agreed Sumlin was a good fit here while he lasted. He recruited well, had good assistants and had a chance to take us to a national bowl before he sold his soul to agy hi. Like when he inherited Case as his quarterback he inherited Manziel at agy hi
after those two continued having good recruiting classes but kept on losing key games and the agy ditched him.
He was a total disaster at Arizona.
That said, I think if Sumlin had stayed he could have built something here. Not sure Herman could have maintained his popularity here very long. He lucked into getting Ed Oliver because Levine had recruited Ed’s brother.
Herman and Sumlin proved they were nothing but money grabbers and left UH with no thank you’s or remorse.
They both got what they deserved as coaches

3 Likes

Yet folks think that is ok and want him back.

It likes your ex wife left you for a rich guy, now she is available after years of divorce and you want her :joy:

No thanks!

Allegedly Pardee was quoted as being regretful that he left UH for the Oilers. Now that we are a Big 12 member, hopefully the coaching community will view UH as a destination and not a stepping stone. Being G-5 cost us Briles, Sumlin and Herman.

2 Likes

I heard Jack say that on an interview on 610 sports radio. He could have still been coaching for alot more years