Herman

He recruited well at UT but kept losing big games. I think he eventually would have done that here…but then again, we will never know.
In hindsight I wish we had searched for a coach not on the staff at the time…I think there would have been plenty of upcoming coaches who would have loved the opportunity like Herman did when he came here.
Was not a big fan of Holgy when we made the hire, but I have warmed up a bit over the year. I sincerely think he can get the job done here and eventually get more fannies in the stands.
Herman was not going to stay here even if we had joined the Big 12…he had his mind set from the get go he wanted a blue blood school…and then along came you know who…

1 Like

We did …we almost hired Lane Kiffin. In fact, he may have turned us down

Stop coming to this thread if you believe your own tripe.

Otherwise, you’re continuing to add to it.

2 Likes

Per Dan Wolken, he was 100% ready to take the job (and, in his framing, we f’ed him over).

1 Like

F Him

After his initial UH press conference, Herman hired a luxury van to do a pub crawl with the staff. First stop, The Deck on Fountainview, where he made the statement “we have to get this turned around fast so when UT fires Charlie we’re ready to take over”.

I kept warning people he had one foot out the door from the day he arrived.

14 Likes

You may be right but I seriously doubt he turned us down. Regardless he wouldn’t have been here long

And yet here you are continuing to read the thread, irking yourself and commenting. That’s what’s weird to me. When I see a thread title that I know I won’t like, I just pass it by. It’s actually that easy.

3 Likes

7 Likes

And Kiffin

Yea but he’s the water boy​:joy::joy:

Herman s gone - good riddance.
Time for us to get behind our present coach. Based on the energy I saw out of Holgerson the past two games I really think we can recreate that energy here with a coach who is not looking for an early exit.
The B12 will solve a lot of problems for us (and create some).
We can’t keep looking back on what was.

2 Likes

Could have been like Gary Patterson and had the keys to the university. Whatever he asks for he gets.

1 Like

what do you think is going through his mind when he’s watching austin?
(I seriously doubts he ever even thinks about Houston.)

Seriously, I doubt Herman ever thinks about Houston. He was always about using Houston to coach for Texas or Ohio State one day, that’s why he didn’t leave us the first year for South Carolina.

He did bring that electric energy and hype to the program, we need that back. Winning will bring that energy back, if we beat SMU and make the AAC Championship game I think we’ll see the program revitalized.

We’re stuck with Dana for 2 more years, let’s hope these last few wins have been a turning point for the program. We’ll find out vs SMU

2 Likes

Yeah…we should have keep Apple Boy… :nauseated_face:

1 Like

My my, hey hey…

Herman could give two s***s about Houston

1 Like

I still don’t get why he’s with the Bears now unless he’s ready to make the jump to the NFL. No doubt in my mind someone would’ve hired him as HC at the collegiate level.

he’s currently getting paid by UT millions more dollars than he would have made anytime soon at UH, not to work.